The Revelate Designs The Harness Handlebar Strapping System is redesigned!
The Harness is a semi-rigid mount designed to carry drybags, packrafts, stuff sacks and other cylindrical shaped objects. Think of it as a “soft rack” for your handlebar, the harness has built in straps that excel at carrying light, bulky loads. Integrate it with any of our front pockets for a highly versatile carrying system.
When you need quick access to your stuff sack or dry bag, the Harness is ideal. Best used for widely varying loads, load it up with your tent, minus 40 degree sleeping system, packraft, ultralight drybags, fishing gear or a mini keg. Use your imagination.
Relying on a flexible connection, the Harness is crash-proof as there are no rigid connections to fail if you wreck in the middle of nowhere. Our 3 strap design allows for balanced and easy bag mounting – center the load and fasten the middle strap first, then the outer 2.
Carry dry bags and stuff sacks on your handlebars. The Harness is a “soft rack” with built-in straps for loads up to 15 pounds.
The Harness works perfectly with the Revelate Designs Saltyroll Dry Bag. It’s ideal dimensions make it well suited for smaller shelters and bivvies, or compact sleeping systems. A lightweight 3 season bag and single wall tent/tarp should fit, but you may want to use compression sacks inside.
Carry anything that rolls or packs to a cylindrical shape — even a packraft.
- Molded rubber spacer blocks provide offset from handlebars reducing lever & cable interference.
- Fiberglass cross-bar provides lateral stiffness across the 3 straps.
- 3 layer, compression molded EVA composite material.
- Grippy inner surface keeps your load in place.
- Glove friendly, easy access buckles with locking cam straps.
- Optional attachment straps for front pocket attachment.
- Cam locking crown / head tube center strap with EVA spacer block
- Drop bar users – The Harness works fine with drop bars; you are limited in the width of the main bag you mount in it, but can opt for a larger diameter drybag.
- The Harness is ideal for widely varying loads and when you need quick access to your stuff sack or drybag. They can carry tents, minus 40 sleeping systems, packrafts, ultralight cuben drybags and mini kegs. Use your imagination.
- Disk or V Brake only – The Harness is NOT compatible with cantilever or road style front brakes with a vertical exposed cable.
- H x W x D: 33cm x 30cm / 13″ x 12″
- Weight: 425g / 15oz
- Volume Capacity: 20L / 1220 cu in
- Weight Capacity: 7kg / 15lbs
All Revelate Designs Bags are backed by warranty against defects in material and manufacturing.
Revelate Designs warranty policy (we apply these same standards):
Revelate bags are made from high quality materials and will stand up to the use for which they are designed. In standing by this guarantee, Revelate Designs provides a warranty to the original owner on all products purchased through authorized sources against defects in materials and workmanship. If any issue arises regarding materials or workmanship please contact us (Revelate Designs) via email for evaluation and return instructions. If an item is found to be under warranty we(Revelate Designs) will repair or replace at our discretion, free of charge. We (Revelate Designs) require a dated proof of purchase.
What the Revelate Designs warranty doesn’t cover: damages involving zipper wear, general wear and tear, improper use & improper mounting (seat bag damage due to tire hits or tire-rub holes, handlebar damage), alterations made by owner, damages due to accident or caused by uses other than intended. Bikepacking gear is intended for off road use and ultimate adventures. Constant use or heavy intermittent use will cause your bags to develop character. If your bag needs extra love, we (Revelate Designs) will do our best to repair it at a reasonable cost (labor & materials) and put it back in service.
All items sent for repair assessment must be clean. Bags should be hand wash and hang dried (washer/dryer agitation can cause additional damage). Soiled bags will not be assessed and will be returned for cleaning.
Please see our Warranty page for the details of our warranty process.