The Riff is a hardtail frame for 27.5″/650b wheels made by Soma. It replaces their earlier B-Side model. While the B-Side showed their tendency to keep things old school, the Riff is modern without being trendy with the geometry and features.
Tough Broski Sliding Dropouts allow you to go single-speed or geared or even run hub gears. Compatible with 12x142mm thru-axle hubs . A modified chainstay allows fitting even some double cranks with “plus size” 2.8″ wide tires without needing to invest in Boost parts and Soma even offer a belt-drive ready version.
- Tange Prestige heat-treated butted CrMo steel; butted CrMo rear end
- Geometry is optimized for 100mm travel 27.5″ forks and will handle 120mm forks great too
- Disc brakes only (ISO tabs)
- Standard or Belt-Drive compatible versions available (split for installing belt is on the seatstay.)
- IRD Broski Sliding Dropouts allows geared and single-speed builds with easy wheel removal
- S-bend seatstays and chainstays
- Rear rack and fender eyelets
- Dropper post cable routing runs on downtube and inside the seat tube
- Recommended tire size: 27.5 x 1.95″ – 2.8”
- Color: Pelham Blue
- Weight: 5.4 lbs.
- Sizes: XS(38cm), SM(41cm), MD(44cm), LG(47cm)
- CNC-machined 44mm headtube: Will fit 1-1/8″ steerers with a ZeroStack 44 headset or fit tapered steerers with a ZS44 upper assembly and external cup (EC44) lower assembly
- Drivetrain Compatibility: 31.6mm post size/34.9mm frt. der. size/34.9mm seat collar(not included), 400mm(or longer) post recommended.
- Bottom Bracket Specifications: BB73mm bottom bracket (English threads) that come ready for 142 x 12mm Thru-Axle hubs. (Can be converted to 135mm spacing for traditional QR hubs with IRD aftermarket inserts)
All Soma bicycle frames are backed by a 3-year warranty against defects in material and manufacturing.
Please see Soma’s Frame Warranty Policy to review their limitations.