The Salsa Rangefinder Deore 12 27.5+ is engineered for trail adventures, offering a blend of confidence and comfort through its stable trail geometry. A 120 mm suspension fork and dropper post enhance control and adaptability, while the agile 27.5″ wheels, paired with 2.8″-wide tires, provide exceptional grip across various terrains. Completing the package is the Shimano Deore 12-speed build kit, designed for versatility whether tackling steep inclines or cruising on flat stretches. This bike beckons you with the opportunity to explore new trails and elevate your cycling experience.
Ah, the open trail calls and the Salsa Rangefinder Deore 12 27.5+ answers like a true adventurer’s dream. Imagine you and your friends, bikepacking bags loaded up, heading out. This bike will be your trusted rig on those epic journeys. Its frame is designed to comfortably accommodate bikepacking bags, making it a breeze to carry all your camping essentials. As you pedal through stunning landscapes, you’ll appreciate how this bike handles the extra weight without compromising performance. So, if you’ve got that itch to get outdoors, this is the bike that’ll scratch it in the best way possible.
The geometry of the Salsa Rangefinder Deore 12 27.5+ headtube and seat tube angles are consistently moderate, aiming to offer a middle ground between aggressive speed and comfortable cruising. The chainstay length is uniform across all sizes, emphasizing a harmonious blend of agility and control. The BB drop is moderate, striking a balance between stability and ground clearance.
When it comes to ride feel, the Salsa Rangefinder Deore 12 27.5+ delivers both stability and responsiveness. The headtube angle provides enough slack for confident descents without compromising the bike’s agility on tighter trails. The seat tube angle positions the rider for efficient pedaling, making climbs more manageable. Coupled with a mid-range suspension fork, the bike is well-equipped to absorb bumps and offer a smooth ride, making it a reliable choice for both novice and experienced trail riders.
- Effective Top Tube: Ranges from 568.2mm to 670.1mm across sizes, accommodating a wide range of rider heights. This is more inclusive compared to bikes with less variation in top tube lengths.
- Stand Over Height: Varies from 678.6mm to 798.7mm, providing ample clearance for riders. This is particularly beneficial for those who prioritize ease of mounting and dismounting.
- Reach: Ranges from 395mm to 489mm, allowing for a comfortable arm extension while riding. This is in contrast to bikes with shorter reach, which may cause a more cramped riding position.
- Stack: Varies minimally from 605.6mm to 633.4mm, maintaining a consistent rider posture across sizes. This uniformity is not always present in other bike models.
- Headtube Length: Ranges from 95mm to 125mm, affecting the bike’s steering responsiveness. Shorter headtube lengths are often found in more aggressive, race-oriented bikes.
- Headtube and Seat Tube Angles: Both angles are consistent at 68 and 74 degrees across all sizes, offering a balanced ride in terms of stability and agility.
- BB Drop: Maintains a consistent 58mm across all sizes, providing a stable center of gravity. This is unlike bikes with varying BB drops that can affect ride stability.
- Chainstay Length: Fixed at 439mm for all sizes, offering a balance between stability and agility. This contrasts with bikes that have variable chainstay lengths affecting ride characteristics.
- Fork Length and Offset: Both are consistent at 510mm and 46mm respectively, affecting the bike’s steering and stability.
- Wheelbase: Ranges from 1100.6mm to 1205.8mm, affecting the bike’s overall stability and agility. Longer wheelbases are often found in bikes designed for more stable rides.
vs. the Salsa Rangefinder Deore 11 27.5+
The Salsa Rangefinder Deore 11 27.5+ with its 11-speed drivetrain, is an affordable version of the Salsa Rangefinder Deore 12 27.5+. With a similar frame, the primary differences are in the components as follows:
Balanced Geometry: The bike’s geometry is designed for a balanced and versatile ride, making it suitable for both trail riding and long-distance adventures, a blend not commonly found in bikes at this price point.
Reliable Braking: The option of Shimano MT200 or Promax DSK-925 brakes with Shimano RT10 Center Lock rotors (160 mm) provides reliable stopping power, a crucial safety feature often compromised in budget-friendly options.
Internal Cable Routing: A feature often reserved for higher-end models, the internal cable routing not only enhances the bike’s aesthetics but also offers better protection for the cables.
Bag and Rack Mounting Points
The Salsa Rangefinder Deore 12 27.5+ is equipped with the following mounting points to cater to all your gear-hauling needs:
Toptube Mount: The toptube has a mount that is compatible with Salsa EXP Series Top Tube bags.
Rear Rack Mounts: In order to mount a rear rack, a Salsa Post-Lock seatpost collar is required due to the absence of upper mounting eyelets on the seatpost,
Seat Tube Mounts: The seat tube also has mounts for a water bottle cage.
Down Tube Mounts: The down tube has mounts for a water bottle cage or for attaching additional gear.
Under Downtube Mount: There’s a mount under the downtube, which is a common place to carry an extra water bottle or tool keg.
The Salsa Rangefinder Deore 12 27.5+ drivetrain is a standout with a Shimano Deore M6100 12-speed setup, including a wide-range 10–51t cassette for versatile riding. Braking options include Shimano MT200 or Promax DSK-925, providing reliable stopping power. The bike also comes with Salsa-branded handlebars and stem, as well as a TranzX adjustable seatpost. The wheelset features Shimano Center Lock hubs and WTB ST i40 rims, wrapped in Maxxis Rekon 27.5 x 2.8″ tires.
- Frame: Rangefinder Aluminum
- Fork: SR Suntour XXCR34 Boost, Air, LOR, DS, 120 mm OR RST Aerial 110-15, Air, TNL, 120 mm
- Front Derailleur: N/A
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore M6100 SGS
- Cassette: Shimano Deore M6100 10–51t, 12-speed
- Chain: Shimano Deore M6100
- Crankset: Shimano MT501, 30t, Shimano BB52 BSA bottom bracket
- Shifter: Shimano Deore M6100
- Brakes: Shimano MT200 OR Promax DSK-925
- Rotors: Shimano RT10 Center Lock rotors (160 mm)
- Headset: FSA Orbit NO.57E 1.5 ZS
- Stem: Salsa Guide 31.8, 60 mm
- Handlebar: Salsa Salt Flat 31.8, 750 mm width XS–SM; Salsa Rustler 31.8, 800 mm width M–XL
- Grips / Bar Tape: Salsa File Tread
- Seatpost: TranzX YSP18PLQ 100 x 361 mm XS–SM; 130 x 425 mm MD–XL
- Saddle: WTB Volt Medium, Steel, 142 x 265 mm
- Front Wheel: Shimano MT400 Center Lock 15 x 110 mm hub, WTB ST i40 32h 29″ rim
- Rear Wheel: Shimano MT401 Center Lock 10 x 141 mm QR hub, WTB ST i40 32h 27.5″ rim
- Tires: Maxxis Rekon 27.5 x 2.8″, EXO Wire Bead (not tubeless compatible)
The Salsa Rangefinder Deore 10 27.5+ frame is crafted from a robust 6061-T6 Aluminum, benefitting from the alloy’s inherent strength and resilience. This specific aluminum tubing undergoes a heat treatment to meet T6 alloy standards, amplifying its durability. The frame is designed to accommodate 27.5 x 2.8–3.0 wheel and tire sizes, with an alternate option for 29 x 1.9–2.6 sizes. It’s compatible with suspension forks having 100–130 mm of travel and a 46 mm fork offset. The frame uses a ZS44 upper headset and a ZS56 lower headset. It features a 30.9 mm seatpost with a 35.0 mm collar and is dropper-post compatible with internal routing. The bottom bracket is a 73 mm BSA threaded type, and the rear spacing is 141 x 10 mm QR. The frame uses a FS2361 derailleur hanger and is designed for a Boost 148 crankset with a 52 mm chainline and a max ring size of 32t.
|A. Effective Top Tube||568.2||590.5||614.8||643.5||670.1|
|B. Stand Over||678.6||698.3||737.2||769.1||798.7|
|E. Total Seat Tube Length||355||381||431||470||508|
|F. Headtube Length||95||100||105||115||125|
|G. Headtube Angle||68||68||68||68||68|
|H. Seat Tube Angle||74||74||74||74||74|
|I. BB Drop||58||58||58||58||58|
|K. Chainstay Length||439||439||439||439||439|
|L. Fork Length Axle to Crown||510||510||510||510||510|
|M. Fork Offset||46||46||46||46||46|
|Crank Arm Length||170||170||175||175||175|
|Recommended Rider Height||157cm–168cm||160cm–175cm||173cm–183cm||180cm–191cm||188cm–UP|
Measurements based on:
- OE spec 120mm 29/27.5+ suspension fork at 25% sag
- 27.5 x 2.8″ tire measuring 722mm in diameter
- Standover is measured from vertically from ground to the top of the toptube, 50mm forward of the BB. Add 8-12.5mm (0.3-0.5″) for 29 x 2.4-2.6″ wheels/tires
Register your purchase at Salsa’s Warranty Registration.
Salsa Cycles ( “Salsa ” ) makes the following limited Warranty:
All Salsa products are warranted against manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship from the date of retail purchase of the product, subject to the limitations detailed below. Every Salsa frame, component, and apparel has a useful product life cycle. The length of that useful product life cycle will vary depending on the construction and the materials of the product, maintenance and care the product receives, and the amount and type of use the product is subjected to over its life. Your bike has an intended level of use as defined by the ASTM Riding Condition Classification Chart. Failure to adhere to the use cases identified in this chart will void your warranty. Save your dated receipt for proof of purchase.
All warranty periods below apply to the original owner only
ONE YEAR WARRANTY
All frame bags
Salsa Cycles does not guarantee the compatibility of original components with a warranty replacement frame. Salsa Cycles is not responsible for parts or labor required to remove and/or refit and re-adjust the product within the bicycle assembly, including wheel rebuilds.
Salsa Cycles cannot guarantee a color match to the original frame, component, or apparel in the event of a replacement.
This warranty applies to 2014 and newer model bicycles and covers only Salsa Cycles branded product. Any other original part or component shall be covered by the stated warranty of the original manufacturer. Any products not specifically included above are hereby excluded.
TWO YEAR WARRANTY
Aluminum chainstays of suspension frames
Aluminum seatstays of suspension frames
Carbon seatstays of suspension frames
All other suspension frame parts (excludes hanger, pivot hardware, bearings)
THREE YEAR WARRANTY
Aluminum front triangles of suspension frames
All Salsa forks
All Salsa components
FIVE YEAR WARRANTY
Carbon front triangle of suspension frames
THE WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER THE FOLLOWING
Damage due to improper assembly or follow-up maintenance or lack of skill, competence or experience of the user or assemble
Bicycles that were not assembled or serviced by an authorized Salsa Cycles dealer
Products that have been modified, neglected, used in competition, or for commercial purposes such as rental, courier, police, security, etc, misused or abused, involved in accidents or anything other than normal use
Installation of components, parts, or accessories not originally intended for use with or compatible with Salsa frames and components
Salsa Cycles bicycles, frames, components or softgoods purchased from an unauthorized dealer
Salsa Cycles bicycles, frames, components or softgoods purchased from third-party internet sites, including auction websites, and regional trading websites (examples: Amazon, eBay, and Craigslist) are not covered under this warranty, even if you have a receipt
Sandblasting, sanding, grinding, wire brushing, filing, welding, brazing, drilled holes, anodizing, refinishing, powder coating, or chrome plating the bicycle, frame, or component will void the warranty
Internal rust perforation on all steel frames
Wear, scratches, chips and cracks to paint, finish, or coating on all Salsa frames and components
Bent or broken derailleur hangers or Alternator plates
Labor required to remove and/or refit and re-adjust the product within the bicycle assembly, including wheel rebuilds
Damage to carbon fiber caused by any carbon assembly paste
Normal wear and tear
This limited warranty is expressly limited to the repair or replacement of a defective product, at the option of Salsa Cycles, and is the sole remedy of the warranty. This limited warranty applies only to the original purchaser of the Salsa Cycles product and is not transferable. This warranty applies only to Salsa Cycles products purchased through an authorized dealer or distributor. In no event shall Salsa Cycles be liable for any loss, inconvenience or damage, whether direct, incidental, consequential, or otherwise resulting from breach of any express or implied warranty or condition of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or otherwise with respect to our products except as set forth herein. This warranty gives the consumer specific legal rights, and those rights and other rights may vary from place to place. This warranty does not affect your statutory rights.
TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, THESE WARRANTIES ARE EXCLUSIVE AND THERE ARE NO OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS INCLUDING WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
For 2013 and older model bicycles and products, please consult your Owner’s Manual, Salsa Cycles product instructions, or contact Salsa Cycles or your authorized Salsa dealer for the applicable warranty information.