Please Note: While this bag is on closeout, the Surly Mountain Frame Bag was designed to replace it for use with the Pugsley and Moonlander (See size chart).
Technically, your Surly Pugsley or Moonlander fatbike was made to carry a rear bike rack and panniers. But really, it wasn’t meant to. And your panniers will never admit it, but they really don’t like singletrack much.
Instead, maximize the carrying space in the fatbike’s front triangle with a frame bag made just for the space.
A frame bag is a softer sort of bike rack — an alternative to panniers on a rear bike rack. Carry gear, clothing, food or a hydration bladder. What gear? Your wallet, keys, cell phone, tube, pump, tools… For short trips or bikepacking.
The front triangle is the ideal spot for weight distribution for improved handling — and a frame bag is just the thing for that spot. They are lightweight and keep your cargo centered low between your wheels and body.
Made of Dimension Polyant VX 42, a synthetic sailcloth. Durable, rip resistant, and tightly woven and laminated to make it highly water resistant. Not waterproof; we recommend using drybags inside if you risk riding in extended downpours or underwater.
Quality YKK brand water-resistant zippers get you inside. The large main compartment has a flexible divider inside, as well as a a hidden pocket. A smaller compartment is perfect for things you’ll need to access quickly, like your map, phone, hard boiled eggs, uncontained pudding, marbles for playing marbles, your dugout, that ring you found that makes you disappear when you put it on, etc.
The front is flared a bit to maximize cargo space, and also functions adequately as a downtube wheel spray skirt.
This pack will last you for many miles.
NOTE: Frame bags will wear your frame’s finish through repetitive rubbing as the bike is ridden. This wear can be minimized by using clear tape where the frame bag comes in contact with the frame, but cannot be entirely avoided. Wear to your frame from a frame bag is not covered under warranty. As Revelate says, “A bike that gets ridden a lot should look like it gets ridden a lot!”
- Flared front section for additional storage volume
- Driveside zippered access to main compartment area
- Non-driveside zippered access to smaller, essentials pocket
- Sizes Medium through XL feature vertical Velcro divider in main compartment for load control and gear division
- White and yellow bag interior for high visibility
- Water resistant zippers with zipper garages help keep your gear dry
- Forward pull-tabs facilitate unzipping
- Strategically placed Velcro attachment points avoid cable guide braze-ons and secure the bag and load
- Sewn-on Revelate Designs label
- Compatible with Revelate Designs Gas Tank accessory item
- Main body constructed of Dimension Polyant VX 42 material for scuff, tear, and water resistance
- High quality YKK water-resistant zippers (#10 size for main compartment, #8 size for smaller pocket)
- Padded downtube and seat tube sections protect the load and the frame at the waterbottle boss areas
- Ballistic nylon downtube and seat tube sections minimize wear for longer frame bag lifespan
- See images for sizing chart
- Revelate bags are well made from quality materials and will stand up to the use for which they are designed. In standing by this guarantee, Revelate Designs provides a warranty to the original owner on all products against defects in materials or workmanship. If any issue arises please contact us for evaluation. If an item is found to be under warranty we will repair or replace at our discretion, free of charge.
Not covered by warranty are damages due to improper use and care, general wear and tear including zippers, and damages due to accident. If something needs service we can repair it (usually) for a reasonable labor and materials fee. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.