Make sure you have the proper OMM Extenders, Fit Kit and Quick Release (or Thru Axle) for your bike! These items are required to mount the Pioneer to your bike!
View our OMM Pioneer Fitting Chart QR (requires Adobe Acrobat). Find your bike Wheel size and then: Fit Kit number, Extender Length and Quick Release size. These will be selected on the “Choose Your Options” page.
If you have a bike with a Thru Axle View our OMM Pioneer Fitting Chart for Thru Axle
Need to know which Axle your bike has? Click Here
Go the distance — even if it’s just a short distance. The Pioneer is the largest, toughest, rear rack Old Man Mountain has ever created.
This rack uses 6061T6 Aluminum, larger .5″ diameter tubing. An optional lower pannier mounting bar for better weight distribution options.
The new dark gray textured powdercoat finish makes this rack, we dare say, stylish. But this rack is oversized for hauling, not for fashion. But, what the hell, why not color coordinate with a matching OMM Pioneer Front Rack.
View the Old Man Mountain mounting instructions.
If you have a thru axle click here find out what works for your bike
- Mount to your axle down below and to brake bosses or our OMM band clamps up above
- Designed to work with most bicycles out there, including frames with no eyelets, small rear triangles, disk brakes, and suspension
- Requires standard rear quick-release hubs
- Maximum load: 70 lbs (31.75 kg)
- Weight: 38.4 oz (1.09 kg)
- Dimensions (H x W x L): 15.5″ x 6.5″ x 16″ (700c) / 15.5″ x 6.5″ x 15″ (26″)
- Tubing Diameter: .5 in / 12.7 mm
- Material: Aircraft-grade,6061-T6, tubular Aluminum
- Available Sizes: 26″, 700c, disc brakes
- Compatible: Disc, Road, MTB, 29″
All Old Man Mountain racks have a lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects in craftsmanship.