Sharpen your cycling performance with Edge 500, a lightweight GPS-based cycling computer for performance-driven cyclists. Loaded with data, Edge 500 tracks your distance, speed, location and elevation with high sensitivity GPS. The heart rate monitor, speed/cadence sensor and compatible power meter provide a finely-tuned analysis of your ride.
The Edge 500 attaches easily to the stem or handlebars of your bike with its low-profile bike mount. The Edge attaches easily to the mount with a simple quarter-turn. When you’re ready to ride, just power on your Edge, acquire GPS satellites, and go. Edge 500 features a high-sensitivity GPS receiver with HotFix® satellite prediction to calculate your position faster.
During your ride, Edge 500 measures your speed, distance, time, calories burned, altitude, climb and descent, and records this data for your review. For extra-precise climb and descent data, Edge 500 also incorporates a barometric altimeter to pinpoint changes in elevation.
The Edge 500 works with third-party ANT+-enabled power meters to display your power output in watts as you ride. This valuable data shows you how hard you’re working, regardless of conditions affecting your ride, so you can train smarter.
Other helpful training features include a Courses feature, which helps you compare successive rides over the same route, as well as Auto Pause, Auto Lap and temperature readings. Edge also alerts you if you’re moving, but the timer is not running.
With the Garmin Premium Heart Rate Monitor included in this bundle, the Edge 500 tracks heart beats per minute and uses your heart rate for advanced calorie computation, so you know how many calories you’re burning.
The Premium Heart Rate Monitor has a comfortable soft fabric strap and is optimized for use in congested areas like gym classes and starting lines. Train in a certain heart-rate zone to improve your fitness level or compare your pace and heart rate to past performance over the same ride.
Once your ride’s done, connect Edge 500 to your computer with the included USB cable to analyze your performance. With a simple click, you can join a worldwide network of cyclists and outdoor enthusiasts through Garmin Connect™, a one-stop site for data analysis and sharing.
- Garmin Premium Heart rate monitor optimized for use in congested areas like gym classes and starting lines
- Bike speed/cadence sensor
- Garmin Connect compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data
- Garmin Training Center software compatible
- Virtual Partner (train against a digital person)
- Courses (compete against previous activities)
- Auto Pause (pauses and resumes timer based on speed)
- Auto Lap (automatically starts a new lap)
- Auto Scroll (cycles through data pages during workout)
- Multi-sport (changes sport mode with a press of a button)
- Advanced workouts (create custom, goal-oriented workouts)
- Time/distance alert (triggers alarm when you reach goal)
- Heart rate-based calorie computation
- Customizable screen(s)
- Barometric altimeter
- Power meter compatible (displays power data from compatible 3rd party ANT+ -enabled power meters)
- Temperature (displays and records temperature while you ride)
- Unit dimensions, WxHxD: 1.9″ x 2.7″ x 0.9″ (4.8 x 6.9 x 2.2 cm)
- Display size, WxH: 1.2″ x 1.4″ (3.0 x 3.7 cm)
- Display resolution, WxH: 128 x 160 pixels
- Weight: 2 oz (56.7 g)
- Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery life: up to 18 hours
- Water resistant: yes (IPX7)
- GPS-enabled: yes
- High-sensitivity receiver: yes
- One Year Consumer Limited Warranty Garmin’s non-aviation products are warranted to be free from defects in materials or workmanship for one year from the date of purchase. Within this period, Garmin will, at its sole option, repair or replace any components that fail in normal use. Such repairs or replacement will be made at no charge to the customer for parts or labor, provided that the customer shall be responsible for any transportation cost.
This warranty does not apply to:
(i) cosmetic damage, such as scratches, nicks and dents;
(ii) consumable parts, such as batteries, unless product damage has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship;
(iii) damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, water, flood, fire, or other acts of nature or external causes;
(iv) damage caused by service performed by anyone who is not an authorized service provider of Garmin; or
(v) damage to a product that has been modified or altered without the written permission of Garmin. In addition, Garmin reserves the right to refuse warranty claims against products or services that are obtained and/or used in contravention of the laws of any country.
Garmin’s navigation products are intended to be used only as a travel aid and must not be used for any purpose requiring precise measurement of direction, distance, location or topography. Garmin makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of map data.
Repairs have a 90 day warranty. If the unit sent in is still under its original warranty, then the new warranty is 90 days or to the end of the original one year warranty, depending upon which is longer.
- Edge 500
- Premium heart rate monitor and speed/cadence sensor
- Bike mount
- AC charger
- USB cable