CommuteByBike was fortunate enough to be one of the first bike testers for the prototype Batavus BUB. The bike we had in for review was a one speed with a coaster brake. Slowly I’ll be unveiling my own thoughts, along with a friend who is a pretty new cyclist/commuter. Let’s start with an introduction from a shop called Renaissance Bikes that was our contact for the BUB.
Some of the details:
- Available early Spring of 2010.
- It will cost $550.
- 3-speed drivetrain with a coaster brake.
- Classic frame or Step-Through frame (“sizes” are somewhat irrelevant because of adjustability.)
- The color choices are: Gloss or matte black, battleship grey, raw silver, red (matte), white with white tires.
- Front racks, rear racks, and battery powered lights are options.
Interested in a Batavus BUB? Visit our affiliate, Commute Bike Store.