Sorry for the delay, yesterday was Halloween in the States and I was busy giving out candy!
My goal in these weekly round ups are not only to highlight what was talked about here, on Commute By Bike, but across the newswire, blogosphere and maybe even in my shop. As long as it is about commuting, it may find its way here.
- MNBicycleCommuter & I Bike NZ talk about their daily bikes.
- The Blackburn Flea Light is reviewed at Red Kite Prayer.
- Bike path on Manhattan Bridge will be closed for up to 8 months.
- Copenehagenize comes to States and BikePortland reports on their talk in Portland, OR.
- The LATimes aren’t sure that bikes and cars can come together.
- Up in the land of Salsa Cycles, GnatLikesBikes has some amazing photos of his Fargo.
- Reaching Generation X & Y on bikes, found on Streetsblog.
- Ebikes are growing, and Bike Columbus has a great run through of what he originally thought of them, to where he is now.
- Girls and Bicycles took delivery of a Madsen lately, read about her first ride.
Right here on Commute By Bike there were many things talked about :
- Dottie and Her Mystery Flat – a huge cut through the tire, but with a lack of evidence what might of caused it.
- Civia Loring Review : Introduction . A true transportation style bike, great lines, a very nice basket but will be okay for the long haul?
- A Quick Nod to Zigo, one of our sponsors has a very cool video showing the advantages of their stroller, trailer and bike all in one.
- Contraflow Bike Lane in Washington, DC. – Many people are against this enclosed bike lane. Is it going to be dangerous or helpful for bike riders in DC?
- Top 5 Budget Friendly Rain Jackets – If you need a rain jacket, check out this list. If you are willing to spend more money for a more technical jacket, wait for next weeks edition.
- The Impossible Journey – A great video about John Booner commuting, in North Shore, MA, that keeps you laughing along the way.