The Yepp Maxi has the fit, build, stability, and comfort you’ve been looking for in a rear seat. Your child sits high up in the back and can enjoy the ride and the scenery.
Light and easy-to-use, designed to carry children from 2.5 to 6 years old (up to 48 lbs).
Attaches and detaches easily for when you ride solo — a difficult feature to find in a child rear seat.
This German-designed, Dutch-built seat is made of high-quality perforated EVA polymer, a pliable, rubberlike material that cushions the ride almost like shock absorbers. The seat itself is attached to a sturdy tubular steel frame and backed by flexible plastic.
Easily adjusted footrests hold the child’s feet into place and adjust to different heights without the use of tools.
Fits 95% of American bikes.
Note: This seat is not compatible with the Yepp Maxi / Xtracycle Peapod Easyfit Adapter for longtail cargo bikes, such as a bikes with Xtracycle Extension Kits. Instead see the Yepp Maxi Easyfit / Xtracycle Peapod III Bike Child Seat.
The Yepp Maxi Standard can be attached to bicycles with a frame size of 21 inches or larger and a seat post diameter of 1.1-1.8 inches (28-45 mm). However, there are many US bikes with a frame smaller than 21 inches, which can also be used with the seat. Please consult your dealer to check whether you bike is suitable for use with the Yepp Maxi Standard.
Use the Yepp products only on a bicycle that is in good working order and of a type suitable for carrying the additional load. Contact the bicycle manufacturer to obtain this information.
- Child carrier is made from perforated EVA polymer, a pliable, rubberlike material that’s affixed to a sturdy tubular steel frame and backed by flexible plastic
- The combination of the soft EVA over the steel frame and plastic backing gives your child a comfortable ride without sacrificing support
- 5-point safety harness is made of flexible, soft tubular nylon straps to safely secure your child in the carrier; adjustable shoulder pads enhance comfort
- Carrier features footrests that are easily adjusted to different heights without the use of tools
- Back of carrier has 3 reflectors to enhance visibility
- Affixes to a bicycle’s seat tube with a sturdy adapter (included) that secures with a 4-bolt clamp
- The Maxi carrier conveniently slides onto the seat tube adapter and clicks into place where it can be secured with the integrated lock (2 keys included)
- Child carrier should only be attached to bicycles with a frame size of 21 in. or larger; clamp fits seat tubes between 1.1 – 1.8 in. (28 – 45mm) in diameter
- The Maxi is only for kids who are able to hold their head upright while wearing a bicycle helmet and can comfortably sit upright on their own
- Additionally, the Yepp Maxi child carrier has an upper weight limit of 48 lbs. and should not be used on a moped or scooter
- Dimensions: 32 x 20 x 15 in / 81.3 x 51 x 38.1 cm
- Weight: 11.75 lbs / 5.33 kg
- Capacity: 48 lbs / 21.77 kg
- GMG guarantees that this product has been manufactured according to the latest European safety standards and quality requirements for this product and that this product at the time of purchasing has no defect in workmanship and material. During production various quality checks have been performed. In case, despite all our efforts, during our guarantee period of 24 months, this product shows a material and/or manufacturing fault (with normal use as described in this manual), than GMG is required to respect this guarantee. In that case please contact your dealer. For detailed information on the application of the guarantee you can contact your dealer.
The guarantee is excluded in the following cases:In case of use different than described in the manual The product is brought for repair through a not authorized dealer The product is not presented with the original proof of purchase to the manufacturer. Repairs were performed by third party or not authorized retailer The defect was caused by misuse, careless use or maintenance, by neglect or impact damage to the seat and/or frame In case of normal wear to parts, which you may expect during daily use of a product.
Since when?The guarantee term starts at the date of purchasing of the product.
For what period?The guarantee is for a period of 24 consecutive months. The guarantee is only for the first owner and cannot be transferred.