The Stargazer is a nimble and balanced drop bar mountain touring bike designed for loaded trail riding. It’s at home on trails, singletrack and gravel roads whether unladen or with racks and bags on an adventure. The Stargazer a direct descendant of Tumbleweed’s first bike model, the Prospector, and shares much of the same tubing and mountain bike geometry, with a shorter reach to accommodate drop handlebars, and a lighter weight overall package. Our standard build combines a 12 speed SRAM Eagle wide range 10-52 tooth cassette and derailleur with SRAM Rival road shifters via a Ratio Technology 1×12 Wide Upgrade Kit, and the left shifter is modified to control actuation of the dropper seatpost.
The Stargazer is built to be a fun, confidence inspiring bike that covers a wide range of terrain and is optimized for bikepacking and off road touring.
The Stargazer features a high-end fully heat treated multi-butted Chromoly steel tubeset with integrated gussets at the headtube, and a CNC machined chainstay yoke with clearance for 29×2.5” or 27.5×3.0” tires.
- Frame Material: Heat treated size specific Chromoly tubing, oversized triple and quad butted front triangle with integrated gussets
- Rack/Fender: Compatibility Rack and fender compatible, three bottle mounts on frame triangle
- Fork: Unicrown Chromoly steel with 110x15mm thru axle (thru axle included), upper and lower rack mounts, fender mounts, triple bottle cage mounts on fork legs, internal dynamo wire routing
- Max Tire Clearance: 29×2.6″/27.5×3.0″
- Headtube: 44mm I.D.
- Headset Recommend: EC44 lower cup. ZS44 upper cup.
- Bottom Bracket: 73mm BSA threaded
- Rear Axle: 148x12mm Boost
- Seatpost: 27.2mm
- Dropper Seatpost: Compatibility Internally routed for dropper post
- Seat Clamp (included): 32mm
- Drivetrain Compatibility: 1x drivetrain specific, not designed to accomodate front derailleur
- Brake Compatibility: 160/180mm flat mount front and rear
- Fork Axle to Crown: 440mm
- Fork Steer Tube Length: 350mm
- Rear dropouts: Vertical with integrated non-driveside Rohloff OEM slot and replaceable derailleur hanger, 135mm quick release or bolt-on hub spacing compatibility; features threaded M5 and M6 eyelets for fenders and racks
- Chainring clearance: 1X Boost, 38 tooth max