The Fly Evo Rear Rack is the lightest in the Tubus lineup and makes an excellent choice for the weight conscious cyclist and those looking for a minimalistic, light-weight rear carrier.
The Fly is made to run on narrow-tired road and cross bikes (38c max tire size) with a V-shaped design that allows for the lowest profile possible while still keeping loads away from the rear wheel. The Fly mounts to traditional rack eyelets, while a single telescoping strut mounts the leading edge of the rack to the brake bridge or seat-pin/clamp.
The ideal use for the Tubus Fly is ultralight-weight touring and as a general use rack for around town hauling minimal loads such as clothes for work etc.
The stainless steel Tubus Fly Rear Rack-Stainless ($159.99) is only 28 grams heavier.
Note: The Tubus Fly is a specific rack design intended to fit on bicycles that have traditional seat-stay bridges including a centered, tapped fender mounting hole. If your bicycle does not have this type of design, read below for options and review the Tubus Fly Installation Guide for setup options.
If your bicycle doesn’t have upper eyelets, use the Tubus Seat Stay Mounts.
- Made from two chromoly tubes; the purist in the lightweight class.
- Less is more; 341 grams takes 18 kilos of luggage.
- Making this model more efficient would be almost impossible.
- Form and function work in perfect harmony.
- Height Lower Mount to Top (Standard Size): 37cm / 14.6″
- Platform W x L: 63mm (front) 90mm (rear) x 188mm / 2.5″ (front) 3.5″ (rear) x 7.4″
- Weight: 460g / 16.2oz
- Weight Capacity: 20kg / 44lbs
- Tire Size Compatibility
- Max Tire Width: 45mm / 1.77″
- Designed to fit 26″/700C tires.
All Tubus Racks are backed by a 10-year warranty against defects in material and manufacturing.
Tubus also offers a 3-year Mobile Guarantee. To qualify, send in the registration card that comes with your rack. Tubus will air-mail a replacement rack anywhere in the world if the rack breaks during normal use. This is great peace of mind for cycle tourists traveling to far-off corners of the world.
Please see our Warranty page for the details of our warranty process.