Our inspiring overview is coming soon. For now, here is what Surly has to say:
The Midnight Special is a road-plus compatible frame, designed to provide comfort and speed on those all-day rides that extend well beyond fresh pavement. It excels on pot-holed, deteriorating pavement and the occasional long stretch of gravel.
The Midnight Special matches perfectly with 650b road plus tires, ready to eat up road chatter and absorb all the bumps in the road for a much more comfortable ride.
- 100% Surly 4130 CroMoly frame, main triangle is double-butted; 1-1/8″ threadless CroMoly fork
- Rack, fender, and three sets of water bottle mounts
- Flat-Mount disc brakes
- 44mm head tube
- Tire Clearance: 27.5×2.35″ (w/o fenders), 700c x 42mm (w/o fenders), 650b x 50 (w/ fenders), 700c x 38mm (w/ fenders)
- Fork Material: Steel
- Color: Black/ Metallic Lilac
- Wheel Size: 650b+ , 700c
- Brake Type: Disc
- Front Axle: 12mm Thru x 100mm
- Platform: Midnight Special
- Fork Type: Rigid
- Frame Material: Steel
- TT (Effective): 500
- Mfg Size: 40
- Rear Axle: 12mm Thru x 142mm
All Surly frames are backed by a 3-year warranty against defects in material and manufacturing.
Please see Surly’s frame warranty page to review their limitations.