Our inspiring review is coming soon, for now here is what Surly says:
The Ghost Grappler is Surly’s dedicated drop-bar trail bike. With mountain geo designed around a comfortable, confident drop-bar hand position, it’s lively and responsive on single track, double track, and other degraded surfaces.
Ready to haul essential gear for all-day dirt rides and quick bikepacking excursions, thru-axles front and rear provide ideal stiffness and handling. Built around 27.5” wheels and compatible with internally geared hub and single-speed setups, Surly’s tried-and-true Gnot-Boost spacing allows riders to run 142mm or 148mm rear hubs.
- 100% Surly Chromoly steel frame and fork, featuring Surly’s proprietary ’Natch tubing, double-butted main triangle, 1-1/8” headtube, non-suspension corrected
- Horizontal-slotted dropout, Surly Gnot-Boost spacing
- Seatstay-mounted bottle bosses, plus three-pack mounts at the top and bottom of the down tube and stealth dropper post routing
- E.D. coated frame for increased life expectancy
- 27.5 x 2.8” tire clearance (with or without fenders)
Shared specs for all Sizes:
- Fork Material: Steel
- Color: Sage Green
- Wheel Size: 27.5″
- Front Axle: 15mm Thru x 110mm
- Brake Type: Disc
- Platform: Ghost Grappler
- Fork Type: Rigid
- Frame Material: Steel
- Frame Type: Rigid
- Rear Axle: 12mm Thru x 145mm
- TT (Effective): 590
- TT (Effective): 610
- TT (Effective): 640
All Surly frames are backed by a 3-year warranty against defects in material and manufacturing. Please see Surly’s frame warranty page to review their limitations.