Surly Bikes are ONLY available for local pick up in our showroom
The Cross-Check was the third frame we ever offered. There is no such thing as one bike that can do it all, but the Cross-Check does a good job of most things people use bikes for. Its a cyclocross bike by design but thats not how most people use it. It does as good a job getting you across the country as it does getting you across town.
Its at home on the road and on trails, on gravel, and just about whatever else you might run into. Itll take pretty big tires, or smaller ones if you like. It can be built as a geared bike, a singlespeed or a fixed-gear.
- Can be built as a geared bike, a singlespeed or a fixed-gear.
- CroMoly steel
- Rack Eyelets
- Frame: Surly Cross-Check, Surly 4130 CroMoly steel. Main triangle double-butted. TIG-welded
- Fork: Surly Cross-Check, 4130 CroMoly, lugged and brazed. Sloping crown with threaded eylets, tapered and butted curved blades with mid-blade rack eyelets, dual dropout eyelets
- Seatpost clamp: Surly Stainless, 30.0mm
- Crankset: Andel QRSC31-227XR, 36/48t
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Tiagra FD-4600, silver
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore RD-T610 10-speed, black
- Cassette: Shimano CS-62-10, 11-32t, 9-speed
- Chain: KMC X10, Nickle plated goodness
- Headset: Cane Creek 40, 1-1/8. Black
- Brakes: Tektro M730 linear-pull, black
- Brake Levers: Tektro RL520 long-pull, black/silver
- Shifters: Microshift BS-M9 9-speed shifter, friction/index adjustable; Black
- Stem: Kalloy AS-008, 26.0mm bar clamp. Aluminum, 4-bolt. Black
- Handlebar: Salsa Bell Lap, black
- Saddle: Velo VL1353, black w/CroMoly Rail
- Seatpost: Kalloy SP-368 non-offset [42-50cm]; Kalloy SP-248D offset [52-64cm], 27.2mm. 300mm. Black
- Hubs: Shimano HB-T610-L, QR. 32h. Black
- Rims: Alex DH19 700c 32h doublewall, black w/ machined sidewall
- Spokes: DT Swiss Champion, 14g
- Tires: Kenda Slant 6, 700 x 35mm
- FRAME WARRANTY
LIMITED WARRANTY This Surly product is warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for three years from the date of retail purchase of the product, subject to the limitations detailed below. Save your dated receipt for proof of purchase.
This warranty does NOT cover the following:
- Damage due to improper assembly or follow-up maintenance or lack of skill, competence or experience of the user or assembler
- Products that have been modified, neglected, used in competition or for commercial purposes, misused or abused, involved in accidents or anything other than normal use
- Installation of components, parts or accessories not originally intended for or compatible with bicycle as sold
- Damage or deterioration to the paint, surface finish, aesthetics or appearance of the product
- Normal wear and tear
- Labor required to remove and/or refit and re-adjust the product within the bicycle assembly
This limited warranty is expressly limited to the repair or replacement of a defective product, at the option of Surly, and is the sole remedy of the warranty. This limited warranty applies only to the original purchaser of the Surly product and is not transferrable. This warranty applies only to products purchased through an authorized dealer or distributor. In no event shall Surly be liable for any loss, inconvenience or damage, whether direct, incidental, consequential, or otherwise resulting from breach of any express or implied warranty or condition, of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or otherwise with respect to our products except as set forth herein.
This limited warranty gives the consumer specific legal rights, and those rights and other rights may vary from place to place. This limited warranty does not affect your statutory rights.
TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, THESE WARRANTIES ARE EXCLUSIVE AND THERE ARE NO OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS INCLUDING WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
surlybikes.com Feel like talking to us? Make contact emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 877-743-3191. If you prefer writing letters or sending postcards our address is 6400 West 105th Street, Bloomington, MN, 55438. See everything we offer at surlybikes.com.