And here is what Surly has to say:
Used to be if you wanted to throw drop bars on your off-road rig, you had to fork over your allowance for a new drivetrain and brake levers. We made the Corner Bar so you could conduct all your dirt-drop experiments with your current brake and drivetrain setup. I mean, why spring for the whole buffet when all you want is a salty snack at the bar? Anyway, we made this one out of Chromoly and it comes in three agreeable widths. We’re also including a set of shims. If you don’t need ‘em, stick ‘em in a drawer for later.
You call the shots, Boss.
- Versatile handlebar allows you to try out a drop-bar hand position and ride experience while running your current mountain shifters and brake levers
- Built for comfort and control in two primary positions: the drops and the tops
- One set of 25.4/31.8 x 60mm Problem Solvers shims included
- Material: Chromoly
- Clamp Diameter: 25.4mm
- Brake Lever Compatibility: Mountain 22.2mm
- Drop Bar Equivalent Width measured from hood to hood: 46cm, 50cm, or 54cm