The Showers Pass Transit jacket brings inclement weather to it’s knees. Specifically designed for bicycle commuters who will ride with bulky street clothes underneath.
- Waterproof-breathable Artex fabric in a durable, 3-layer ripstop construction
- Seam taped for wind and waterproofness
- Large vents under the arms and across the back for tunable airflow
- 360 degrees of 3M reflective trim for maximum visibility
- Large chest pocket with media port, plus 2 front handwarmer pockets
- 360 degrees of 3M reflective trim for maximum viability
- Hood compatible
- Cinch cord at hem
- Ligh loop on back
- At Showers Pass we stand behind our products. We unconditionally guarantee our outerwear for two years from the date of purchase. Defective items will be repaired or replaced. If you are otherwise unsatisfied with your purchase, well exchange it for something that better suits your needs.
The fine print:
We want you to be happy with your Showers Pass gear, and were confident that somewhere in our product line is something that will work for you. Therefore our satisfaction guarantee grants you the right to a one-time exchange, but we are not able to offer cash refunds on worn items.
In order to take advantage of our two-year guarantee on products not purchased directly from us, you will need a receipt or other dated proof of purchase.
We prefer to repair defective items whenever possible. We don’t think you want your jacket in a landfill either.
We know you don’t want to be without your Showers Pass gear, so we do our best to turn exchanges and repairs around as quickly as possible. Please be patient, though during peak seasons it can take up to 3 weeks. We might not be able to update you on the status of your transaction until your return has been processed and entered into our system. This does not mean we have forgotten about you.
We are generally unable to send out replacements until we have received your return or exchange. Likewise, we are usually unable to determine whether an older item qualifies for warranty coverage without having seen it.
Shipping charges may apply to Customer Satisfaction exchanges.
If your not sure whether something qualifies for coverage under our Warranty or Satisfaction Guarantee policies, give us a call (503.203.8000) or email (email@example.com (link sends e-mail)). Our goal is always to find a win-win solution.
Crash Replacement Policy
We know that things like pavement, tree branches, and puppies can cause serious damage to outerwear. In the event that your new Showers Pass jacket or pant meets such a fate within the first two years of ownership, we can offer you 30% off a replacement. Give us a call (503.203.8000) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail)) for more information. We reserve the right to request proof of purchase (such as a receipt or credit card statement) and/or a photo of the puppy.
Our products are of the highest quality available on the market, but failure to properly care for even the best outerwear can cause it to die an untimely death. Here are some tips to prolonging the life of your waterproof clothing.
- Dont be afraid to wash it! Pollutants like dirt, sweat, road grime, and sunscreen can gunk up zippers (causing them to stick or break), and cause waterproof membranes to deteriorate. We generally recommend that daily commuters wash there jackets once a month or so. Machine wash on the gentle cycle, with COLD water and hang dry. We recommend using liquid detergent, because powders can leave a residue if they do not dissolve completely. Avoid products with fabric softeners or bleach.
- Do not expose to heat! Seam tape will melt in the dryer, and it is not a pretty sight. Excessive heat (even a car dashboard in the summer) can also cause multi-layered waterproof fabrics to de-laminate.
- Be kind to your zippers. We sometimes use 2-way zippers for venting, and water-resistant zippers to keep you extra dry. Both of these features can make the zippers harder to operate. The trick to 2-way zippers is to make sure both sliders are all the way at the bottom and perfectly aligned with each other, with the zipper pulled tight, before attempting to zip up. Water resistant zippers can feel stiffer, tighter or slower to zip than regular zippers. Please be gentle with them. In our experience, yanking on them repeatedly will only make them angry. For the occasional extra-sticky spot, weve found that graphite is a good zipper lubricant.
- Perk up your DWR. The DWR (Durable Water Repellant finish) on the outside of a fabric is what makes the water bead and roll off. Over time it will begin to wear or wash off. Dont despair. Look for spray-on treatments made for waterproof-breathable fabrics like NikWax TX Direct Spray on Treatment to perk up the DWR. This maximizes the ability of the waterproof-breathable membrane inside the fabric to do it’s job.