For use with non-Alternator Dropout equipped Salsa Fargo and Vaya Frames.
The Salsa Wanderlust HD, is a more robust and modified version of the Wanderlust rear rack. It still features a long deck, but is slightly narrower at 110mm (vs. the 130mm width of the Wanderlust). The deck is flat rather than cupped as well.
The “HD” is for “Heavy Duty. The rack is constructed from tubular 4130 CroMoly steel, with extra long struts for mounting to a wide variety of frames. Its modified design makes it a bit more forgiving when mounting on bikes with shorter wheelbases and more varied geometries. Mounted panniers are a bit further back than the Wanderlust, minimizing possible “heel kick.”
Includes a built in bracket with two holes for mounting reflectors or bike tail lights.
NOTE: This rack may not work well with traditional touring frames that feature level toptubes.
- Available Colors: Black powdercoat finish
- Extra long struts for improved range of fit
- Large pannier hook stops
- Universal mounting system allowing movement of struts in any direction
- Payload: 25 kg/55lb maximum recommended load
- Tubular 4130 CroMoly Construction
- Long deck, 110mm x 325mm
- Salsa Cycles warrants this new Salsa product against defects in materials and workmanship for five (5) years from the original date of retail purchase by the consumer. This limited warranty is expressly limited to the repair or replacement of the original product, at the option of Salsa Cycles, and is the sole remedy of the warranty. This limited warranty applies only to the original purchaser of the Salsa product and is not transferable. In no event shall Salsa Cycles be liable for any loss, inconvenience or damage, whether direct, incidental or consequential or otherwise resulting from breach of any express or implied warranty or condition, of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or otherwise with respect to this product except as set forth herein.
This warranty does not cover the following:
- Damage due to improper assembly or follow-up maintenance or lack of skill, competence or experience of the end user
- Products that have been modified, neglected, used in competition or for commercial purposes, misused or abused, involved in accidents or anything other than normal use
- Damage or deterioration to the surface finish, aesthetics or appearance of the product
- Normal wear and tear
- Labor required to remove and/or refit and re-adjust the product within the bicycle assembly
This warranty gives the consumer specific legal rights, and those rights and other rights may vary from state to state.