Our inspiring review is coming soon, for now here is what Salsa says:
The all-new Timberjack SLX 29 delivers a carefully-calculated blend of fun and versatility that embraces our Adventure by Bike mantra. Updated geometry offers more stability in technical terrain without losing hardtails’ treasured pedaling and climbing capabilities—it feels like that friend who says “you’ve got this” before every intimidating trail feature. Adjustable Alternator 2.0 dropouts let you tune ride characteristics and change up your drivetrain if you so desire.
We loaded this aluminum hardtail frame with mounts to make carrying stuff on your bike easier—ride your favorite trails without the weight of a pack, or gear up for bikepacking overnighters to your favorite backcountry spots. The 29 x 2.6” wheel and tire combo is strong in the grip and rollover departments, and Shimano’s SLX drivetrain delivers performance you can count on in all conditions. The all-new Timberjack is ready for all-out trail sessions and adventures that go well beyond your local loops.
- 6061-T6 alloy frame
- Aggressive trail geometry
- 130 mm fork and dropper post provide capability in technical terrain
- Alternator 2.0 dropouts expand drivetrain and setup options
- Short chainstays and long front-center provide agility and stability on the trail
- Front triangle space is maximized for frame bag use
- Full-length internal routing for brake lines and shift cable housing means more reliable performance in sloppy conditions, simplified maintenance, and a better fit for frame bags.
Shared Specs for all Sizes:
- Wheel Size: 27.5+ , 29″
- Brake Type: Disc
- Front Axle: 15mm Thru x 110mm
- Platform: Timberjack
- Fork Type: Suspension
- Frame Material: Aluminum
- Rear Axle: 12mm Thru x 148mm
- Frame Type: Rigid
- TT (Effective): 594
- TT (Effective): 639
Salsa’s bicycles fall between a 2 and 5 year warranty. Please see Salsa’s extensive warranty details to review their limitations.