Our inspiring review is coming soon, for now here is what Salsa says:
Blackthorn is Salsa’s 140 mm all-mountain 29er, built for riding any trail anywhere with confidence. It’s a well-balanced bike that takes on serious topography with gusto. Blackthorn is stable and confident on rugged descents and is a stunningly capable climber.
With Split Pivot suspension dialed for maximum traction and pedaling efficiency, Blackthorn has the chops to ride all-mountain, all-out, all day.
- 6061-T6 aluminum frame
- Split Pivot + suspension design features 140 mm of efficient travel that’s fully active under braking and supportive throughout its stroke
- Rear Flip chip adjusts the head tube angle and bottom bracket height to accommodate varying terrain, wheel sizes, and personal preference
- Integrated strap location on frame for tube or tool kit
- A long top tube and 64.6-degree head tube angle provides descending confidence
- 76.5-degree seat tube angle with seat tube lengths optimized for longer dropper posts
- Super Boost 157 x 12mm rear hub spacing allows for shorter chainstays (431–432 mm), more tire clearance, more chainring options, and stiffer wheels
- Clearance for up to 29 x 2.6″ or 27.5 x 3.0″ tires
- Color: Brushed Aluminum
- Wheel Size: 29″ , 27.5+
- Brake Type: Disc
- Platform: Blackthorn
- Fork Type: Not Included
- Frame Material: Aluminum
- TT (Effective): 640
- Rear Axle: 12mm Thru x 157mm
- Frame Type: Suspension
Salsa’s bicycles fall between a 2 and 5 year warranty. Please see Salsa’s extensive warranty details to review their limitations.