***Latest News from Ridekick is that 2014 will be a year of manufacturing and redesign, so no Ridekick trailers will be available until further notice.
Sorry for any inconvenience.
Ridekick is an electric boost for almost any bike, with the simplicity of attaching a bike trailer. And it also is a bike trailer — with cargo space for up 100 pounds of your gear, groceries, or commuter stuff.
Unhitches quickly, and pulls as easily as wheeled luggage.
A 500 watt motor pushes you up to 19 mph, and puts you on good terms with your most dreaded hills.
The hitch plate attaches to most bikes, as long as the hitch plate is able to lay flat against the bike’s dropout on the non-drive side. (See examples of incompatible bikes.)
The Ridekick™ SLA battery packs themselves are recyclable.
The LiFePO4 batteries are more expensive up front, but have a longer life and lower operating cost overall. They don’t need to be kept as diligently charged-up to maintain battery life.
For more information on battery options, see: Ridekick: Which Battery Is Right for You? (PDF)
- The rider chooses the amount of “boost” applied to the bike through an easy throttle action.
- Power assist up to 19 mph (less than 20 mph is legal for all bike trails and bicycle regulations).
- Powering a bike up to 15 miles on one charge; farther with a battery upgrade.
- Locking cargo compartment.
- Can be hitched/unhitched to any bike within seconds. First-time installation takes 10 minutes.
- Versatility; upgradeable storage shells attach easily and securely to carry rider gear, bags, etc.
- Weather resistant storage is lockable.
- Designed to be safe, stable in turns, when stopped, and when carrying heavy loads.
- Cargo Capacity: Rated to 100 lbs / 45.4 kg
- Full charge time: 4-6 hours (SLA) or 3.5 hours (LiFePO4)
- SLA: 12 – 15 miles / 19 – 24 km
- LiFePO4: 25 – 30 miles / 40 – 48 km
*depending on (1) Weight of rider and load, (2) terrain, (3) tire pressure on bike and trailer, (4) temperature, and (5) the amount of rider’s pedal assist
- SLA Batteries are recyclable and made from 60 – 80% recycled materials
- Weight of Complete System:
- With SLA Battery: 43 lbs / 19.5 kg
- With LiFePO4 Battery: 34 lbs / 15.4 kg
- Dimensions (assembled): 24 x 39 x 17 in / 61 x 99 x 43.2 cm
- Dimensions (hitch arm removed): 24 x 22 x 17 in / 61 x 55.9 x 43.2 cm
- Motor: 500 watt brush motor
- Battery Pack (SLA):
- Battery: Sealed Lead Acid – 24 volt, 12 amp hour, 18.8 lbs / 8.53 kg
- Battery Life: Approximately 400 charge cycles / 4,800 miles
- Battery Pack (LiFePO4):
- Battery: Lithium Iron Phosphate – 24 volt, 20 amp hour, 13 lbs / 5.9 kg
- Battery Life: Approximately 1,500 charge cycles / 40,000 miles
- Controller: Efficient power control, LED diagnostic system, drained battery protection
- Speed Control: Regulated by hand-operated throttle. 19 mph maximum speed – firmware controlled
- Charger: Underwriter’s Laboratory Certified Smart Charger
- Charging Temperature: 41°F – 95°F / 5°C – 35°C
- Fuse: 30 amps (ACT/ATO 30 amp found at auto parts stores)
- Tire Pressure: 20 – 30 psi / 1.39 – 2.07 bar
- Ridekick™ End-User WarrantyRidekick International will provide a 1 year warranty from all manufacturing defects on the Ridekick™ power trailer to the end customer from the date of purchase. Ridekick™ battery is covered by a separate warranty and therefore is not covered under the general product warranty. Warranty applies to the original owner only and can not be transferred. Extended warranty contracts can be purchased directly from Ridekick International.
Ridekick™ End-User Battery WarrantyRidekick International will provide a 6 month warranty from all manufacturing defects on the Ridekick™ battery pack to the end customer from the date of purchase.