Our inspiring overview is coming soon. For now, here is what Revelate Designs has to say:
The Pronghorn is a race focused, lightweight handlebar system for the minimalist bikepacker. Without sacrificing functionality, the Pronghorn is a stripped-down bar mounted carrying system.
Personally tested and refined by Revelate designer Dustin Eroh on the Arizona Trail Race 750 and a time trial of the Oregon Timber Trail, the Pronghorn has garnered distinction from the racing community for its stable and simple functionality since its release in 2018. A key to the system’s performance is a strategically placed internal fiberglass stay that is integrated into both the mounting points and front drybag attachment straps. This keeps your load from shifting while navigating techincal singletrack.
Choose from three sizes of waterproof drybags made from Stratex 400, Revelate’s exclusive woven UHMWPE fabric. Stratex 400 is a woven blend of polyester with over 60% UHMWPE fibers by weight, laminated to a waterproof film. The resulting fabric is insanely durable and abrasion resistant without much sacrifice in weight. Keeping true to its intended purpose, the updated Pronghorn is dialed in to fit your kit perfectly with appropriate bag sizing for various types of trips. Once the holster is mounted and the drybag is secured, you can rest assured that your gear is not going anywhere.
When standing at the starting line of your next race, or sprinting to the hills on a fast and light bender, the Pronghorn is the most efficient solution for your gear carrying needs.
- Internal fiberglass stay provides a stable, lightweight mounting platform
- Dual cam locking straps integrated into handlebar mount secure your load
- Cam locking head tube strap with EVA foam spacer
- Removable spacer blocks to allow you to adjust for brake lever clearance
- Includes pocket clips to allow the addition of a front pocket.
- Waterproof drybag built from Revelate’s new UHMWPE based fabric, Stratex 400
- Stratex 400 fabric is 60% UHMWPE woven fibers by weight
- Waterproof drybag constructed from Stratex 400 is more abraision resistant than other leading lightweight fabrics
- Disk or V Brake only – NOT compatible with Cantilever or road style front brakes with a vertical exposed cable.
- Weight: Weight without optional pocket clips:
- Small – 7.5 oz / 213 g
- Medium – 8.2 oz / 232 g
- Large – 9.2 oz / 252 g
- Weight: With pocket clips:
- Small – 8.4 oz / 238 g
- Medium – 9.1 oz / 258 g
- Large – 10.1 oz / 286 g
- Weight Holster only: 4.9 oz / 139 g
- SM – 458 in³ / 7.5L
- MD – 671 in³ / 11 L
- LG – 1404 in³ / 23L
- Materials: Holster – VX21Blue; Drybag – Revelate exclusive UHMWPE fabric Stratex 400
Dimensions (LxWxH) of a closed bag with 4 rolls at closure:
- Small – 16.5×4.5×6.5 in / 41.9 x11.4×16.5 cm
- Medium – 19x7x5.5 in / 48.3×17.8×14 cm
- Large – 24×8.5×7.5 in / 61x14x19 cm
- Made in USA with domestic and imported materials.
Revelate bags are made from high quality materials and will stand up to the use for which they are designed. In standing by this guarantee, Revelate Designs provides a warranty to the original owner on all products purchased through authorized sources against defects in materials and workmanship. If any issue arises regarding materials or workmanship please contact us via email for evaluation and return instructions. If an item is found to be under warranty we will repair or replace at our discretion, free of charge. We require a dated proof of purchase.
What our warranty doesn’t cover: damages involving zipper wear, general wear and tear, improper use & improper mounting (seat bag damage due to tire hits or tire-rub holes, handlebar damage), alterations made by owner, damages due to accident or caused by uses other than intended.
Bikepacking gear is intended for off road use and ultimate adventures. Constant use or heavy intermittent use will cause your bags to develop character. If your bag needs extra love, we will do our best to repair it at a reasonable cost (labor & materials) and put it back in service.
All items sent for repair assessment must be clean. Bags should be hand wash and hang dried (washer/dryer agitation can cause additional damage). Soiled bags will not be assessed and will be returned for cleaning.