Specially designed to travel with the Brompton folding bike or another very compact folding bike. This version of the Radical Design Cyclone IV Trekking Trailer is wider and shorter and has a black “padded” bag. The wheels of the Chubby have the same size as the wheels on the Brompton.
The Chubby uses exactly the same technology as the multi-prize-winning Cyclone Trekking and Cyclone Cargo.
Travel by bus, train and in some circumstances on planes with your Brompton stored inside the padded Chubby bag. On arrival, just take out the bike, put your luggage in the bag and connect the Chubby to your bike.
Please Note: We recommend the Chubby for travel with a bike where the bike and Chubby are stowed under your supervision. Using it for travel on airlines is risky as the level of protection offered by the Chubby is not sufficient for rough handling. Plane travel is possible with some airlines that will handle the bag with caution or by packing multiple layers of cardboard in between the bike and the bag.
Up to 100 liters of storage in the bag — 6,102 cubic inches. That’s more than twice the size of a standard carry-on bag.
The cyclone is a two wheeler, so it is not affected by the leaning of your bike. (Put another way: the trailer won’t fall over just because your bike did.)
Insert the wheels into the rear axle bushings and the Cyclone IV Chubby becomes a walking trailer — and for more convenient towing by foot, use the Radical Design Cyclone Walking Towbar.
Folds for compact storage. TIG-welded frame bushings mean a strong and secure connection of the wheels to the frame, even with heavy loads and high speeds. The wheels are equipped with industrial sealed bearings, ensuring minimal rolling resistance and maximum security.
- 2 Wheel mounted positions: one for cycling, one for strolling
- A truly universal hitch which is compatible with most any bike
- Trailer locks to bike hitch to prevent theft
- Full length compression straps on top of bag for additional storage
- Top-lid, 2-way zipper for easy loading and unloading
- Waterproof rain cover included, safety yellow
- Reflective elements on bag
- Tow-bar and wheels can be detached with a twist of the hand, which visually leaves only a big duffle bag.
- The optional Radical Design Cyclone Wheelbag (sold separately) attaches the wheels to the duffle bag.
- The tow-bar can easily be stored inside.
- The shoulder strap and the two big handles make it easy to lift.
- Includes a lightweight rain cover to keep your trailer and its contents dry and clean.
- Dimensions L x W x H118 x 81 x 50 cm (47.2 x 32.4 x 20″
- Dimensions storeded L x W x H78 x 63 x 10 cm / 31 x 25 x 4″
- Dimensions of the bag L x W x H78 x 63 x 30 cm / 31 x 25 x 12″
- Ground Clearance: 7.5 in / 19.05 cm
- Dimensions of the frame L x W x H78 x 63 x 2.86 cm / 31 x 25 x 1.2″
- Weight: 13.18 lbs / 5.98 kg
- Wheels: 16 in (47-305), pneumatic tires, aluminum rim and hub, stainless steel spokes, sealed cartridge bearings.
- Bag Material: Waterproof 400 Denier PU Coated Nylon Cordura (note: includes rain cover because seams are not waterproofed)
- Bag Volume: 6,102 cu in / 100 Liters
- Capacity: 88 lbs / 40 kg
- Flatbed Material: Water resistant 400 Denier PU Coated Nylon Cordura
- Frame Material: 6064 T6 Aluminum
- Hitch: POM/stainless steel, one-hand operation, fits any bike.
- offers a limited warranty on manufacturing defects. All warranty issues are assessed on a case by case basis.
- 1 aluminium frame
- 1 tow bar
- 1 chubby bag
- 2 wheels (37-349) with air tires
- 1 hitch ball (bike side)
- 1 hitch (trailer side)
- 1 manual
- 1 tow bar attachment screw M10x30
- 2 quick-release axles
- 2 spacers
- 1 shoulder strap
- 1 rain cover