I have used the Ortlieb Ultimate 6 light mount for a few weeks now and offer the following observations:
1. It definitely works as advertised. With the h-bar bag clipped in, it’s best to have the posts in a higher setting to reduce the shadow caused by the bag. I had originally hoped to mount it below the handlebar but, there’s some interference with the brake and shift cables. I’m using Paul cantilevers. So, there’s interference from the cable hanger (Funky Monkey) too.
2. It’s a little fumbly to install but, with a little dexterity and practice, it can be done repeatedly and timely.
3. I had originally hoped to leave it installed on the mounting bracket but, it looks a little goofy when no lights or the bag are attached.
4. For that reason, I keep it stuffed into a bag and only deploy when needed (we’ll before it gets dark).
5. Campfire Cycling is one of the very few retailers where you can find obscure Ortlieb parts and do-dads. They’re definitely one of the best, if not the best, online retailers specializing in cycle touring.