This looks like a commuter bike light — and it is. But with a high mode that puts out 1200 lumens, the Taz 1200 is more than capable of taking you on trails far from any streetlights.
The so-called low mode with 300 lumens is brighter than the high mode on most commuter bike lights — and plenty bright enough for most city riding.
Suburban commuters will like the medium mode, for confidently navigating neighborhoods with blind spots and where lighting is spotty.
The Taz 1200 mounts to your bike handlebars, or to your helmet with the optional Light and Motion Helmet Mount (Seca/Vega/Stella).
Want something a bit more low key? See the Light and Motion Taz 1000 Bike Headlight ($179.99).
- Cruise mode cycles through High, Medium, Low, Pulse and Flash sequentially. When it’s time to get your speed on, switch to Race Mode using a two-second push and hold (starting with the light powered off).
- Race mode cycles through High and Medium, perfect when you’re competing.
- Lithium Ion battery technology is the same as what you’ll find in your laptop computer and is far superior to alkaline batteries
- Depending on your charging rate, the Taz 1200 will fully charge in: 4, 8, or 14 hours (2A, 1A, or 0.5A charger, respectively). An iPad Charger will charge with a rate of 2A (4hrs), an iPhone Charger will charge with a rate of 1A (8hrs), and a computer USB port will charge at a rate of .5A (14hrs).
- 1.5 hours run time on High
- 3 hours run time on Med
- 6 hours run time on Low
- 9 hours run time on Pulse
- 18 hours run time on Flash
- An optional AC/DC adapter is available for charging from a 12v car outlet
- Handlebar Mount
- Optional Headstrap available
- Weight: 7.62 oz / 216 gr
- High: 1200 lumens
- Med: 600 lumens
- Low: 300 lumens
- Pulse: 300 lumens
- Flash: 300 lumens
- Warranty Policy
Light and Motion provides warranties against manufacturer defects for 2 year starting from the date of purchase from a Light and Motion Authorized Dealer. While the warranty is non-transferable and does not cover failures from misuse or battery issues beyond one year, damaged lights can usually be repaired for a nominal fee. Proof of purchase required for warranty support.
Returning Products for Warranty Evaluation and Repair
Should your system malfunction for any reason, submit a services request to the Light and Motion service department through our Support Center
We will contact you the following business day to finalize the arrangements for your repair. When returning your system, please make sure to unplug the battery from the light before shipping. Always package your light so that the switch cannot be pressed accidentally by the light moving around in the box. All warranty and repair products should be returned with proof of purchase from an authorized dealer to:
Light and MotionRA: _____________711 Neeson RoadMarina, CA 93933