Our inspiring overview is coming soon. For now, here is what Garmin has to say:
See and be seen with Varia™ RTL515 rearview radar with tail light. It pairs with your Edge® bike computer, other Garmin device or compatible smartphone to alert you of vehicles approaching from behind up to 153 yards (140 meters) away. When used with your compatible smartphone, the Varia™ app helps increase your awareness with vibration alerts and more.
With daylight visibility up to 1 mile, motorists will be able to see you from a distance. The radar’s compact vertical design allows for device mounting on most road-use bicycles. And peloton mode provides a low-intensity flash that is kind to other riders’ eyes when riding in a group.
- COMPACT DESIGN: Easily mount this sleek, compact device on the seatpost of almost any road-use bicycle. The vertical design allows for better leg clearance and a perfectly comfortable ride.
- SUPERIOR VISIBILITY: Alert motorists to your presence as soon as possible with daylight visibility up to 1 mile.
- MAXIMUM AWARENESS: Varia RTL515 rearview radar provides visual and audible alerts for vehicles approaching from behind up to 153 yards (140 meters) away.
- MULTIPLE PAIRING OPTIONS: This radar works seamlessly with your Edge bike computer or compatible smartphone as well as select Garmin wearables or the optional radar display unit.
- WORKS WITH THE VARIA APP: This smartphone app helps you increase your awareness by providing graphics — plus tone and vibration alerts — that indicate the position and speed of approaching cars.
- THIRD-PARTY APP COMPATIBLE: When used with a compatible smartphone, Varia radar integrates with your favorite apps, such as Ride with GPS, to overlay your maps with rearview radar alerts.
- PELOTON MODE: Varia RTL515 features multiple modes, including peloton mode, which provides a low-intensity flash that is kind to other cyclists’ eyes when riding in a group.
- BATTERY LIFE: Time spent charging is not as good as time spent riding. Get up to 16 hours of battery life in day flash mode and up to 6 hours in solid mode.
- Dimensions: 3.9” x 0.8” x 1.6″ (98.6 x 19.7 x 39.6 mm)
- Weight: 2.5 oz (71.0 g)
- Modes: solid, peloton, night flash, day flash
- Lumens: 20 solid, 8 peloton, 29 night flash, 65 day flash
- Battery life: 6 hours solid, 8 hours peloton, 6 hours night flash, 16 hours day flash
- ANT+®: Yes
- BLE: Yes
- Water rating: IPX7
- Viewing angle: 220°
All Garmin products are backed by warranty against defects in material and manufacturing.
Please see our Warranty page for the details of our warranty process as well as additional information regarding the Garmin warranty policy.