Our inspiring overview is coming soon. For now, here is what Garmin has to say:
eTrex 22x and eTrex 32x offer the same ease-of-use, durability and affordability that the eTrex handheld GPS series is known for – along with preloaded TopoActive maps. These devices are perfect for ATVs, bicycles, boats or hiking.
eTrex 22x and 32x offer enhanced 2.2″, 65K color, sunlight-readable displays. Durable and water resistant, these handhelds are built to withstand the elements.
The eTrex 22x and 32x handheld devices come preloaded with road-routable TopoActive maps that feature streets and trails so you can take the journey off the grid. Now you can know your surroundings – such as waterways, natural features as well as buildings, international boundaries and more. You can also find thousands of points of interests, including shops, restaurants, universities, car parks and accommodations.
The eTrex series uses both GPS and GLONASS satellite systems so the receiver has the ability to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone. eTrex 32x adds a 3-axis compass and barometric altimeter, making it easy for you to keep your bearings.
With a microSD card slot and expanded 8 GB of internal memory, you can easily download additional maps for wherever the adventure takes you.
Both devices support BirdsEye Satellite Imagery (subscription required), so you can download and integrate satellite imagery with your maps.
eTrex 22x and eTrex 32x support paperless geocaching. Upload GPX files straight to your device, and view key information such as location, terrain and hints from Geocaching.com
Our in-depth features analysis are forthcoming. For now, here is how Garmin puts it:
- 2.2″ sunlight-readable color display with 240 x 320 display pixels for improved readability
- Preloaded with TopoActive maps with routable roads and trails for cycling and hiking
- Support for GPS and GLONASS satellite systems allows for tracking in more challenging environments than GPS alone
- 8 GB of internal memory for map downloads plus a microSD card slot
- eTrex 32x adds a 3-axis compass and barometric altimeter
- Battery life: up to 25 hours in GPS mode with 2 AA batteries
Our clear and concise specs will be ready soon. For now, here is how Garmin puts it:
- Physical dimensions 2.1″ x 4.0″ x 1.3″ (5.4 x 10.3 x 3.3 cm)
- Display size 1.4″ x 1.7″ (3.5 x 4.4 cm); 2.2″ diag (5.6 cm)
- Display resolution 240 x 320 pixels
- Display type 2.2″ transflective, 65K color TFT
- Weight 5 oz (141.7 g) with batteries
- Battery 2 AA batteries (not included); NiMH or Lithium recommended
- Battery life 25 hours
- Water rating IPX7
- Memory/History 8GB
- High-sensitivity receiver yes
- Interface USB
- Preloaded maps yes (TopoActive; routable)
- Ability to add maps yes
- Basemap yes
- Storage and Power Capacity microSD card (not included)
- Waypoints/favorites/locations 2000
- Routes 200
- Track log 10,000 points, 200 saved tracks
- Barometric altimeter yes
- Compass yes
- Area calculation yes
- Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on roads) Yes (with optional mapping for detailed roads)
- Geocaching-friendly Yes (Paperless)
- Custom maps compatible yes
- Hunt/fish calendar yes
- Sun and moon information yes
- Picture viewer yes
- Additional Wireless Connectivity: ANT+