The eTrex 30 is a feature-packed and reliable handheld GPS for exploration and navigation with paperless geocaching and expanded mapping capabilities.
All the features of the Garmin ETrex 20 GPS plus a built-in three-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass, a barometric altimeter to track changes in altitude, and the ability to share waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly with other compatible devices.
This means the eTrex 30 can show you where you’re heading even when you’re standing still; no need to hold it level.
Versatile, tough, and ready for your adventures on and off bike.
You’re a cyclist, right? So add a Garmin Bike/Cart Mount for Etrex GPS, and you’ll have a great tool for bike touring, or cheating in alleycat races.
Also add a Garmin Speed/Cadence Sensor Kit for Edge and Forerunner Series (also compatible with the ETrex 30) and you’ll have some of the advanced features of a state-of-the-art cycling computer.
See The WayeTrex 30 has an enhanced 2.2 in 65K color, sunlight readable display. Durable and waterproof, eTrex 30 is built to withstand the elements. It has an upgraded interface and stands strong against the elements — be it dust, dirt, humidity or water, none of which are a match for this storied navigator.
New Tools For Your TrekeTrex 30 adds a built-in 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass, which shows your heading even when you’re standing still, without holding it level. Also added is a barometric altimeter which tracks changes in pressure to pinpoint your precise altitude, and you even can use it to plot barometric pressure over time, which can help you keep an eye on changing weather conditions.
Go AnywhereWith an array of compatible mounts, eTrex 30 is designed for use on ATV’s, bicycles, in boats, as a handheld or in your car. Use the auto mount capability and City Navigator NT® maps for turn-by-turn driving directions, or the rugged mount for your motorcycle or ATV. Wherever you think you might take eTrex, it has the mapping and mounts to get you there.
Go GlobalThe new eTrex series is the first-ever consumer-grade receivers that can track both GPS and GLONASS satellites simultaneously. GLONASS is a system developed by the Russian Federation that will be fully operational in 2012. When using GLONASS satellites, the time it takes for the receiver to “lock on” to a position is (on average) approximately 20 percent faster than using GPS. And when using both GPS and GLONASS, the receiver has the ability to lock on to 24 more satellites than using GPS alone.
Add MapsWith its microSD™ card slot and 1.7 GB of internal memory, eTrex 30 lets you load TOPO 24K maps and hit the trail, plug in BlueChart® g2 preloaded cards for a great day on the water or City Navigator NT® map data for turn-by-turn routing on roads (see maps tab for compatible maps). eTrex 30 also supports BirdsEye Satellite Imagery (subscription required), that lets you download satellite images to your device and integrate them with your maps.
Share WirelesslyeTrex 30 lets you share your waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly with other compatible Garmin GPS devices. So now your friends also can enjoy your favorite hike or cache — simply press “send” to transfer your information to similar units, and let the games begin.
Keep Your FixWith its high-sensitivity, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver and HotFix® satellite prediction, eTrex locates your position quickly and precisely and maintains its GPS location even in heavy cover and deep canyons.
Find FuneTrex 30 supports geocaching GPX files for downloading geocaches and details straight to your unit. Visit OpenCaching.com to start your geocaching adventure. By going paperless, you’re not only helping the environment but also improving efficiency. eTrex 30 stores and displays key information, including location, terrain, difficulty, hints and descriptions, which means no more manually entering coordinates and paper print outs. Simply upload the GPX file to your unit and start hunting for caches.
Plan Your Next TripTake charge of your next adventure with BaseCamp™, software to view and organize your maps, waypoints, routes, and tracks and send them to your Garmin device. This free trip-planning software displays topgraphic map data in 2-D or 3-D on your computer screen, including contour lines and elevation profiles. It also can transfer an unlimited amount of satellite images when paired with a BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription as well as geotag photos, or associate them with specific waypoints.
- Paperless Geocaching: Spend more time in the field and less time fumbling with paper! The eTrex stores and displays key information, including location, terrain, difficulty, hints and descriptions, which means no more manually entering coordinates and paper print outs. Simply upload the geocaching GPX file to your unit and start hunting for caches.
- Track More Satellites: Find your way with the first consumer-grade GPS receiver that tracks both GPS and Russian Federation GLONASS satellites simultaneously. When using them together, the receiver has the ability to lock onto 24 more satellites than using GPS alone, ensuring you can “lock on” to a position more quickly.
- Pick Your Profile: Customize eTrex for every occasion. Profiles allow eTrex to quickly switch into different configurations that you create, so when you’re done geocaching and you need to drive home, your eTrex won’t miss a beat.
- More Dashboards in More Places: Bring more functionality into your frequently used applications with dashboards. Avoid switching between applications and display more information by customizing them with an altimeter, compass, configurable data fields and more.
- Advanced Tracking: Whether following a saved route or planning a new one, eTrex has the tracking features you need. Users can see high and low elevation points or store waypoints along a track (start, finish and high/low altitude) to estimate time and distance between points.
- Extensive Map Support: With its microSD™ card slot and large internal memory, eTrex lets you load a variety of maps, including TOPO 24K, BlueChart® g2, City Navigator NT® and BirdsEye™ Satellite Imagery (subscription required).
- Stores data in universally accepted GPX file format so its compatible with a variety of PC applications; best when used with Garmin’s free trip planning software, BaseCamp™.
- Includes a worldwide basemap, improved interface and added support for spine mounting.
- Withstands the elements — be it dust, dirt, humidity or water.
- Locates your GPS position quickly and precisely and maintains it even in heavy cover and deep canyons.
- Mounts easily in ATVs, boats, bicycles or cars (compatible mounts sold separately).
- Includes a built-in 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass, which shows where you’re heading even when you’re standing still, without holding it level, and a barometric altimeter to track changes in altitude.
- Shares waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly with other compatible devices.
- Physical & Performance:
- Unit dimensions, WxHxD: 2.1 x 4.0 x 1.3 in / 5.4 x 10.3 x 3.3 cm
- Display size, WxH: 1.4 x 1.7 in / 3.5 x 4.4 cm; 2.2 in diag / 5.6 cm
- Display resolution, WxH: 176 x 220 pixels
- Display type: transflective, 65-K color TFT
- Weight: 5 oz / 141.7 g with batteries
- Battery: 2 AA batteries (not included); NiMH or Lithium recommended
- Battery life: 25 hours
- Waterproof: yes (IPX7)
- Floats: no
- High-sensitivity receiver: yes
- Interface: USB
- Basemap: yes
- Preloaded maps: no
- Ability to add maps: yes
- Built-in memory: 1.7 GB
- Accepts data cards: microSD™ card (not included)
- Waypoints/favorites/locations: 2000
- Routes: 200
- Track log: 10,000 points, 200 saved tracks
- Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on roads): yes (with optional mapping for detailed roads)
- Electronic compass: yes (tilt-compensated, 3-axis)
- Touchscreen: no
- Barometric altimeter: yes
- Camera: no
- Geocaching-friendly: yes (paperless)
- Custom maps compatible: yes
- Photo navigation (navigate to geotagged photos): yes
- Outdoor GPS games: no
- Hunt/fish calendar: yes
- Sun and moon information: yes
- Tide tables: yes
- Area calculation: yes
- Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest): yes
- Unit-to-unit transfer (shares data wirelessly with similar units): yes
- Picture viewer: no
- Garmin Connect™ compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data): yes
Maps & Memory:
Features & Benefits:
One Year Consumer Limited Warranty Garmin’s non-aviation products are warranted to be free from defects in materials or workmanship for one year from the date of purchase. Within this period, Garmin will, at its sole option, repair or replace any components that fail in normal use. Such repairs or replacement will be made at no charge to the customer for parts or labor, provided that the customer shall be responsible for any transportation cost.
This warranty does not apply to:
(i) cosmetic damage, such as scratches, nicks and dents;
(ii) consumable parts, such as batteries, unless product damage has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship;
(iii) damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, water, flood, fire, or other acts of nature or external causes;
(iv) damage caused by service performed by anyone who is not an authorized service provider of Garmin; or
(v) damage to a product that has been modified or altered without the written permission of Garmin. In addition, Garmin reserves the right to refuse warranty claims against products or services that are obtained and/or used in contravention of the laws of any country.
Garmin’s navigation products are intended to be used only as a travel aid and must not be used for any purpose requiring precise measurement of direction, distance, location or topography. Garmin makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of map data.
Repairs have a 90 day warranty. If the unit sent in is still under its original warranty, then the new warranty is 90 days or to the end of the original one year warranty, depending upon which is longer.
- eTrex 30
- USB cable