Whether your bike is a means of transportation or a means of escape, having maps at your fingertips makes every journey easier and more fun.
The Edge 800 is the first touchscreen GPS bike computer. Use it for navigation and for monitoring your performance.
Edge 800 is for touring, commuting, competitive cycling and mountain biking. With a built-in basemap it tracks your distance, speed, location and ascent/descent.
Use it with an ANT+™ heart rate monitor, speed/cadence sensor or compatible power meter for a finely tuned analysis of your ride.
Note: Buy the Garmin Edge 800 Performance Bundle Cycling Computer with GPS and save. It comes packaged with these accessories: Garmin Premium Heart Rate Monitor (Soft Strap) ($41.39 value), Garmin Speed/Cadence Sensor Kit for Edge and Forerunner Series ($35.99 value), and a data card preloaded with City Navigator® for U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico street maps ($79.99 value).
The display is rugged enough to stand up to the elements, yet sensitive enough to respond to the tap of your gloved hand. Switch training pages or pan and zoom the map with just a tap. The bright, sunlight-readable color display is easy to view in all lighting conditions. Just don’t let its good looks fool you. Edge 800 is waterproof to IPX7 standards and can withstand hard knocks and scrapes it might endure in mountain biking environments.
The aerodynamic Edge 800 has a carbon-fiber look with either blue or white accents and attaches to the stem or handlebar of your bike with the low-profile mount. A quarter-turn mount design holds unit securely and lets you easily swap it between bikes using removable, reusable bands.
Edge 800 comes with a built-in basemap that shows major roads and cities, plus it’s compatible with Garmin microSD™ cards packed with either street or topo maps. Select a destination and Edge 800 provides turn-by-turn navigation prompts on screen.
Edge 800 can also guide you along routes recorded by other cyclists. Explore the Garmin Connect™ site and choose from millions of rides uploaded by other users. Any activities you upload to your Edge 800 are stored as courses. You can follow the course with navigation prompts or, for a little competition, race it and try to beat previously set goals. You can also use Garmin’s free BaseCamp™ software or other applications to create a route, view elevation changes and other data, and then upload to Edge.
Edge 800 records your every move with a high-sensitivity GPS receiver that stays locked on, even under tree cover. The receiver features HotFix® satellite prediction to calculate your position faster, plus it has automatic time zone adjustment.
Edge 800 tracks a bunch of data from your ride and lets you customize up to three training pages so you can see as much or as little data as you want. The barometric altimeter provides extra-precise climb and descent data and records temperature changes.
If you’re a performance cyclist, you can pair Edge 800 with a third-party ANT+ enabled power meter to display your power output in watts as you ride. This valuable data shows you how hard you’re working, regardless of conditions affecting your ride, so you can train smarter. Some versions of Edge 800 also come with a speed/cadence sensor and heart rate monitor.
You also can track weight, body fat, body water and six other measurements when using the Edge 800 with the Tanita BC-1000 body composition scale. The readings are stored on Edget 800, then automatically sent to Garmin Connect when in range of your computer.
Need a little motivation to push your performance? See how you measure up to the Virtual Partner® — a digital depiction of your goal speed vs. your speed in real-time. Other training features include detailed workout planning, Auto Pause®, Auto Lap® and Courses, which helps you compare successive rides over the same route.
You logged the miles, now it’s time to review, replay and share your ride. Just upload your data to Garmin Connect™, Garmin’s Website for free data analysis and sharing. You can upload from your PC or Mac using the included USB cable. At Garmin Connect, you can see the route you traveled on a map, view a summary of your ride, create goals, share it with others and much more.
- Garmin Connect compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data)
- Garmin Training Center software compatible
- Virtual Partner (train against a digital person)
- Courses (compete against previous activities)
- Auto Pause (pauses and resumes timer based on speed)
- Auto Lap (automatically starts a new lap)
- Auto Scroll (cycles through data pages during workout)
- Advanced workouts (create custom, goal-oriented workouts)
- Simple workouts (input time, distance and calorie goals)
- Pace alert (triggers alarm if you vary from preset pace)
- Time/distance alert (triggers alarm when you reach goal)
- Interval training (set up exercise and rest intervals)
- Heart rate-based calorie computation
- Customizable screen(s)
- Barometric altimeter
- Power meter compatible (displays power data from compatible 3rd party ANT+-enabled power meters)
- Temperature (displays and records temperature while you ride)
- Operating temperature: -20 C to +60 C
- Unit dimensions, WxHxD: 2.0″ x 3.7″ x 1.0″ (5.1 x 9.3 x 2.5 cm
- Display size, WxH: 1.4″ x 2.2″ (3.6 x 5.5 cm); 2.6″ diag (6.6 cm)
- Display resolution, WxH: 160 x 240 pixels, touchscreen
- Touchscreen: yes
- Weight: 3.5 oz (98.0 g)
- Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery life: 15 hours, typical
- Water resistant: yes (IPX7)
- GPS-enabled: yes
- High-sensitivity receiver: yes
- One Year Consumer Limited Warranty Garmin’s non-aviation products are warranted to be free from defects in materials or workmanship for one year from the date of purchase. Within this period, Garmin will, at its sole option, repair or replace any components that fail in normal use. Such repairs or replacement will be made at no charge to the customer for parts or labor, provided that the customer shall be responsible for any transportation cost.
This warranty does not apply to:
(i) cosmetic damage, such as scratches, nicks and dents;
(ii) consumable parts, such as batteries, unless product damage has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship;
(iii) damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, water, flood, fire, or other acts of nature or external causes;
(iv) damage caused by service performed by anyone who is not an authorized service provider of Garmin; or
(v) damage to a product that has been modified or altered without the written permission of Garmin. In addition, Garmin reserves the right to refuse warranty claims against products or services that are obtained and/or used in contravention of the laws of any country.
Garmin’s navigation products are intended to be used only as a travel aid and must not be used for any purpose requiring precise measurement of direction, distance, location or topography. Garmin makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of map data.
Repairs have a 90 day warranty. If the unit sent in is still under its original warranty, then the new warranty is 90 days or to the end of the original one year warranty, depending upon which is longer.
- Edge 800
- Bike Mounts
- AC charger
- USB cabel