The 40-Series is the workhorse of Cane Creek’s headset line-up. Representing the balance of performance, durability and value, the series incorporates all the features necessary for a robust, lightweight, long-lasting headset. Zero stack uppers press into head tube with very little stack height. Lowers are either zero stack or external cup.
- Sealed black oxide bearings
- Carbon-friendy compression ring captured in top cover, keeping shims in place
- Steel crown race with integrated seals
- Interlok spacer compatible
- Compatible with tapered 1-1/8″ to 1-1/2″ steerer tubes, or straight 1-1/8″ steerers with a conversion crown race (sold separately)
- Color: Black
- Crown Race: 40
- S.H.I.S. Stem Clamp Diameter: 28.6 Threadless
- Bearing Type: Cartridge
- S.H.I.S Lower: EC44
- S.H.I.S Upper: ZS44
- Lower Stack Height: 12
- Weight: 171g
- Upper Stack Height: 8
See Cane Creek for details on their warranty.