Our inspiring review is coming soon, for now here is what Big Agnes has to say:
THREE-SEASON, SEMI-FREESTANDING, ULTRALIGHT BIKEPACKING TENT
Built for on and off-road, two-wheeled travel and constructed with ultralight materials for fast and light overnight adventures. Now redesigned using stronger, lighter, more sustainably sourced fabrics in a process that reduces water, chemical, and energy use by 50% compared to traditional fabric dying methods. This award-winning, ultralight tent is known for its steep wall architecture and single vertical door to maximize livable space so you can camp more comfortably in the backcountry. With the Fly Creek HV UL1 Bikepack Solution Dye, you get all of the weatherproof and technical features of a 3-season, 1-person bikepacking tent but made with ultralight, sustainable materials that are built to last.
12″ SHORTSTIK POLESET
Our Shortstik poleset allows your tent to pack down into a shorter, smaller size. Ideal for packing onto handlebars, panniers and saddlebags, or just saving space in any pack.
50% REDUCTION IN WATER REQUIRED
Nearly 5 gallons of water saved per tent on some models
80% REDUCTION IN ENERGY REQUIRED
Significantly reduces carbon emissions
80% FEWER CHEMICALS USED
For a cleaner and safer dyeing and finishing process
Big Agnes is the first to introduce solution-dyed tent body and fly fabrics to the equipment category. The result is better for the environment and the high UV resistance of the solution-dyed fabrics improves the quality of our tents. Improving already great tents isn’t easy, choosing to lessen the environmental impact while doing so is.
- 12 in. Shortstik pole set is ideal for packing onto handlebars, panniers and saddlebags—or just saving space in a pack
- Burly compression stuff sack is designed to withstand all the dirt and rigors of trail travel; daisy-chain webbing system allows multiple bike-frame attachment configurations
- DAC Angle SF hub creates high-volume tent architecture and steep walls for more headroom and livable space without increasing weight
- Dry-entry door design helps keep drips out of the interior of your tent as you enter and exit
- Single door and vestibule with easy-grip zipper pulls and stormflaps on the vestibule zipper; vertical door construction adds usable volume to the vestibule
- Structured foot-end corners create more usable space between your feet and the tent wall
- 3D shelf holds oversized gear, utilizing the empty space above your feet; oversize ceiling pocket provides more storage space
- Media pockets located above the sleeping area enable clean earbud-cord routing from phones or other devices
- Multiple interior loops fit the Triangle gear loft (not included) or let you hang other accessories
- Daisy-chain webbing loops on the fly’s exterior are ideal for drying wet clothes and gear; elastic webbing securely stores your helmet on top of the tent body
- Ultralight plastic clips attach the tent body to the pole frame; hook-and-loop tabs connect the fly to the poles for a perfect pitch and extra stability
- Color-coded reflective webbing and buckles along with precut reflective guylines and tensioners attached to the fly make setup easy
- Extended footprint (sold separately) creates a vestibule floor for dry, dirt-free changing and gear storage; Fast Fly setup with just the footprint, poles and fly cuts weight
- All seams are taped with waterproof polyurethane tape that’s free of solvents, PVC and VOCs
- Includes 8 DAC superlight aluminum J stakes
|Minimum Trail Weight||
1 lb. 14 oz.
|Fly / Footprint Pitch Weight||
1 lb. 7 oz.
2 lbs. 6 oz.
12 x 5 inches
86 x 38 / 28 inches
19 square feet
5 square feet
|Number of Doors||
|Number of Poles||
DAC NSL aluminum
Silicone-treated ripstop nylon
Silicone-treated ripstop nylon