The same design and features as the Banjo Brothers Commuter Backpack, but with heavy-duty 20oz cotton canvas construction.
The full-welded waterproof liner protects your gear. And with a 1500 cubic inch capacity, that can be a lot of gear — enough space for most commuters and students. If you are used to leaky student backpacks, the Commuter Backpack will be a welcome relief.
With two wide padded straps to distribute the load, a backpack like this is often a more comfortable option for longer rides or heavier loads than a messenger bag. (Settle down, couriers. We said “often” not “always.”) This backpack borrows one of the best ideas from messenger bags: a cell phone holder mounted to the shoulder strap.
The Canvas Commuter Backpack sits a little lower on the back than standard backpacks to reduce blind spots. If you use a backpack and a helmet-mounted mirror, you know what we’re talking about. Store a mini U-lock in the side pocket, and clip a safety light to the angled tab.
Need a spare or replacement liner for this bag? Find them here: Banjo Brothers Waterproof Backpack Liner
- Classic heavy-duty 20oz cotton canvas construction
- Water-repellent dry-wax finish.
- Waterproof 2-layer design: outer canvas is water-repellent; a replaceable waterproof liner keeps contents dry in a downpour
- A comfortable alternative to messenger bags provides enough space for most commuters and students
- Wide padded straps distribute load more evenly than messenger bags
- Sits lower on the back than standard backpacks to reduce blind spots
- Quick-access side pocket fits mini U-lock
- Angled tab for safety light so that light faces back while riding
- Large reflective stripes
- Shoulder strap mounted cell phone holder
- Volume: 1500 cu in / 24.6 l
- External Size: 11.5 x 8 x 16 in / 29.2 x 20.3 x 40.6 cm
- The Banjo Brothers are deadly serious about product quality and want to make sure that you only say nice things about us when talking the finer points of bike accessories with your pals. We vow to stand behind any product that is defective. Our warranty policy is simple — if your bag is messed up due to a defect in materials or workmanship for the life of the bag, we fix it no questions asked. That doesn’t mean you can beat the living snot out it and expert to return it to us as defective. I think we can both let common sense be our guide here. Think of it this way, if your Mom would be OK with you claiming something as a product defect, then chances are it is a defect and the bag should and will be repaired or replaced.
There’s plenty of evidence to support our claims of being fair minded on the “internets” – so there you have it. Bags will be repaired or replaced at our discretion. In many cases, if you don’t live next door, product photos, concise descriptions of your problems, how old the product is and where you purchased it are all keys to having your problems solved quickly and without hassle. You can also “Register Your Bag” on our site to keep track of some of the details.