The Ultralight/Watertight .9 is the largest basic first aid kit that Adventure Medical Kits have to offer. This kit carries enough medical supplies for a group of 1- 4 people out on adventures spanning not more than 4 days. The Ultralight / Watertight .9 has been tested, abused, and approved by adventure racers in the Eco-Challenge, Primal Quest, and Raid Gauloises. What we love about this kit is the two layers of rugged waterproofing protection that it comes in. Pull it out of your bag, set it in the snow/rain, and access other things in your pack without having to worry about it getting damp.
Our in-depth features analysis are forthcoming. For now, here is how Adventure Medical Kits puts it:
- 2-Stage Waterproofing. Inner DryFlex™ bags and outer seam-sealed siliconized nylon bag with water-resistant zipper.
- Clean and Close Wounds. Antiseptic wipes and butterfly bandages for closing small wounds.
- Combat Stomach Illness. Medications to stop diarrhea and stomach distress.
- Emergency Repairs. Mini roll of duct tape (2″ x 26″).
- Manage Pain and Illnesses. Medications to treat pain, inflammation, and common allergies.
- Stabilize Fractures and Sprains. Wraps and bandages to immobilize fractures and provide support.
- Stop Blisters Before they Start. Die-cut Moleskin plus Skin Tac™ topical adhesive to protect against the hiker’s #1 injury.
- Easy Access Bandages™. Fast and easy application and less contamination risk.
- 5 – Bandage, Adhesive, Fabric, 1″ x 3″
- 3 – Bandage, Adhesive, Fabric, Knuckle
- 1 – Bandage, Conforming Gauze, 3″
- 2 – Dressing, Gauze, Sterile, 2″ x 2″, Pkg./2
- 3 – Dressing, Gauze, Sterile, 3″ x 3″, Pkg./2
- 2 – Dressing, Non-Adherent, Sterile, 3″ x 4″
- 1 – Gloves, Nitrile (Pair), Hand Wipe
- 1 – Trauma Pad, 5″ x 9″
Blister / Burn:
- 2 – Moleskin, Pre-Cut & Shaped (11 pieces)
- Duct Tape
- 1 – Duct Tape, 2″ x 50″
Fracture / Sprain:
- 1 – Bandage, Elastic with Velcro, 2″
- 3 – Safety Pins
- 1 – Splinter Picker/Tick Remover Forceps
- 2 – After Bite Wipe
- 2 – Antihistamine (Diphenhydramine 25 mg)
- 2 – Aspirin (325 mg), Pkg./2
- 2 – Ibuprofen (200 mg), Pkg./2
- 2 – Acetaminophen (500 mg), Pkg./2
- 6 – Antiseptic Wipe
- 2 – Alcohol Swab
- 1 – Cotton Tip Applicator, Pkg./2
- 1 – Syringe, Irrigation, 10 cc, 18 Gauge Tip
- 1 – Tape, 1/2″ x 10 Yards
- 1 – Skin Tac™ Topical Adhesive, Wipe
- 3 – Triple Antibiotic Ointment, Single Use
- 1 – Wound Closure Strips, 1/4″ x 4″, Pkg./10
Our clear and concise specs will be ready soon. For now, here is how Adventure Medical Kits puts it:
- Size: 10″ x 7.5″ x 3″
- Weight: 12 oz.
- Group Size: 1-4
- Trip Duration: 1 – 4 Days
All Adventure Medical Kits products are backed by warranty against defects in material and manufacturing.
Please see our Warranty page for the details of our warranty process as well as additional information regarding the Adventure Medical Kits warranty policy.