If your bikepacking adventures happen to take you through unpredictable weather, the watertight .5 would likely be your ideal trail companion. Just as light as the watertight .3, this kit was designed for life in the bottom of the pack and is a practical, basic first aid kit that will not weigh you down. What we love about the Watertight .5 is the rugged, waterproof packaging that it comes in. More refined than its smaller sibling, the Watertight .5 is housed in a lightweight, silnylon bag with a DryFlex waterproof liner that will stay dry despite the elements.
The Ultralight/Watertight .5 is the largest offering in Adventure Medical Kits’ line-up of basic first aid kits for one person out on a 1- to 2-day solo adventure. The kit retains ample space that can allow you to throw in additional medical supplies based on your needs to boost its utility.
Our in-depth features analysis are forthcoming. For now, here is how Adventure Medical Kits puts it:
- 2-Stage Waterproofing. Inner DryFlex™ bags and outer seam-sealed siliconized nylon bag with water-resistant zipper.
- Clean and Close Wounds. Antiseptic wipes and butterfly bandages for closing small wounds.
- Manage Pain and Illnesses. Medications to treat pain, inflammation, and common allergies.
- Stabilize Fractures and Sprains. Wraps and bandages to immobilize fractures and provide support.
- Stop Blisters Before they Start. Die-cut Moleskin plus Skin Tac™ topical adhesive to protect against the hiker’s #1 injury.
- Easy Access Bandages™. Fast and easy application and less contamination risk.
- 5 – Bandage, Adhesive, Fabric, 1″ x 3″
- 3 – Bandage, Adhesive, Fabric, Knuckle
- 2 – Bandage, Butterfly Closure
- 1 – Bandage, Conforming Gauze, 2″
- 2 – Dressing, Gauze, Sterile, 2″ x 2″, Pkg./2
- 2 – Dressing, Gauze, Sterile, 3″ x 3″, Pkg./2
- 1 – Dressing, Non-Adherent, Sterile, 3″ x 4″
Blister / Burn:
- 1 – Moleskin, Pre-Cut & Shaped (11 pieces)
- 3 – Safety Pins
- 1 – Splinter Picker/Tick Remover Forceps
- 2 – After Bite Wipe
- 2 – Antihistamine (Diphenhydramine 25 mg)
- 2 – Aspirin (325 mg), Pkg./2
- 2 – Ibuprofen (200 mg), Pkg./2
- 2 – Acetaminophen (500 mg), Pkg./2
- 6 – Antiseptic Wipe
- 2 – Alcohol Swab
- 1 – Tape, 1/2″ x 10 Yards
- 1 – Skin Tac™ Topical Adhesive, Wipe
- 2 – Triple Antibiotic Ointment, Single Use
Our clear and concise specs will be ready soon. For now, here is how Adventure Medical Kits puts it:
- Size: 5.5″ x 11″ x 1″
- Weight: 3.68 oz.
- Group Size: 1 Person
- Trip Duration: 1 – 2 Days
All Adventure Medical Kits products are backed by warranty against defects in material and manufacturing.
Please see our Warranty page for the details of our warranty process as well as additional information regarding the Adventure Medical Kits warranty policy.