The Adventure Mountain Hiker Medical Kit is the smallest comprehensive first aid kit offered by Adventure Medical Kits. It is stocked with enough items to address the common first aid needs of up to 2 people who are out on adventures spanning not more than 2 days. The kit has the essentials needed to treat everything from small/basic wound care, burns and blisters, cuts and scrapes, medication, and supplies to help stop bleeding fast and even includes a handbook to wilderness first aid for reference purposes. What we love about the Hiker is how well-organized it is: all the supplies are organized into clearly-labeled, injury-specific compartments under the Easy Care™ Organization System, making it easy to find what you need quickly.
Comprehensive yet compact, the Mountain Hiker kit is a lightweight addition to your bikepacking gear that prepares you and a friend for whatever you may experience during a weekend on the trail.
Our in-depth features analysis are forthcoming. For now, here is how Adventure Medical Kits puts it:
- Wilderness Medicine: A Condensed Guide- Know how to treat common backcountry injuries and illnesses with the up-to-date wilderness first aid information in this hiking first aid guide, edited by Christopher Van Tilburg, MD.
- Easy Care First Aid® System. Find supplies quickly with the Easy Care™ organization system, which organizes contents by injury into clearly-labeled pockets, letting you easily find what you need at a moment’s notice.
- Backcountry Wound Care. Stop bleeding quickly with the trauma pad, close wounds with butterfly bandages and medical tape, and stabilize sprained ankles or strains with the elastic bandage so you can hike out safely.
- Find it Fast Design. Find the emergency supplies you need quickly, even in the dark. The external kit map shows where supplies are located, while the reflective design helps you find the kit quickly at night.
- Lightweight & Durable. Pack all the first aid supplies you need without weighing down your pack. This compact hiking first aid kit weighs less than 8 oz. and features a durable, water-resistant medical bag.
- Blister Prevention & Protection. Stop blisters before they start with moleskin, the most reliable dressing to reduce friction and prevent the hiker’s #1 injury. The 14 die-cut pieces are shaped to fit common problem areas.
Cuts & Scrapes:
- 1 – Splinter Picker/Tick Remover Forceps
- 5 – Easy Access Bandages®, 1″ x 3″ Fabric
- 5 – Easy Access Bandages®, Knuckle Fabric
- 3 – Butterfly Closure Fabric Adhesive Bandage
- 3 – Antiseptic Wipe
- 1 – Triple Antibiotic Ointment
- 2 – Alcohol Swab
- 1 – Safety Pin
- 1 – Register Your Kit Card
- 3 – After Bite® Sting & Bite Relief Wipe
- 4 – Aspirin (325 mg.), 2 Pkg./2
- 2 – Antihistamine (Diphenhydramine 25 mg.), 2 Pkg./1
- 4 – Ibuprofen (200 mg.), 2 Pkg./2
- 4 – Acetaminophen (500 mg.), 2 Pkg./2
Stop Bleeding Fast:
- 1 – Trauma Pad, 5″ x 9″
- 2 – Nitrile Glove
Wound Care / Blister / Burn:
- 1 – Wilderness First Aid Manual
- 1 – EMT Shears, 4″
- 4 – Sterile Gauze Dressing, 4″ x 4″
- 2 – Sterile Gauze Dressing, 2″ x 2″
- 1 – Sterile Non-Adherent Dressing, 2″ x 3″
- 1 – Elastic Bandage with Hook & Loop Closure, 2″
- 1 – Conforming Gauze Bandage, 2″
- 1 – Tape, 1″ x 2.5 yd.
- 14 – Moleskin, Pre-Cut & Shaped Pieces
Our clear and concise specs will be ready soon. For now, here is how Adventure Medical Kits puts it:
- Size: 6.5″ x 3″ x 5.5″
- Weight: .45 lbs
- Group Size: 1 – 2 People
- Trip Duration: 1 – 2 Days
All Adventure Medical Kits products are backed by warranty against defects in material and manufacturing.
Please see our Warranty page for the details of our warranty process as well as additional information regarding the Adventure Medical Kits warranty policy.