Our inspiring overview is coming soon. For now, here is what Adventure Medical Kits has to say:
The must-have companion for overnight adventures, the Hiker contains carefully-selected first aid supplies to treat common on-the-trail injuries and illnesses. This hiking first aid kit features essentials ranging from moleskin and After Bite® to EMT shears and a trauma pad. First aid supplies are organized into clearly-labeled, injury-specific compartments under the Easy Care™ Organization System, making it easy to find what you need quickly. The water-resistant bag has durable, semi-transparent pockets to keep the contents safe and dry and a reflective mountain logo so you can quickly find the kit in the dark. Blisters, sprained ankles, and wounds won’t slow you down for long with this portable medical kit, which also contains common medications to treat pain and manage allergic reactions. Comprehensive yet compact, the Mountain Hiker kit is the lightweight addition to your hiking gear that prepares you and a friend for whatever you may experience during a weekend on the trail.
Our in-depth features analysis are forthcoming. For now, here is how Adventure Medical Kits puts it:
- Wilderness Medicine: A Condensed Guide- Know how to treat common backcountry injuries and illnesses with the up-to-date wilderness first aid information in this hiking first aid guide, edited by Christopher Van Tilburg, MD.
- Easy Care First Aid® System. Find supplies quickly with the Easy Care™ organization system, which organizes contents by injury into clearly-labeled pockets, letting you easily find what you need at a moment’s notice.
- Backcountry Wound Care. Stop bleeding quickly with the trauma pad, close wounds with butterfly bandages and medical tape, and stabilize sprained ankles or strains with the elastic bandage so you can hike out safely.
- Find it Fast Design. Find the emergency supplies you need quickly, even in the dark. The external kit map shows where supplies are located, while the reflective design helps you find the kit quickly at night.
- Lightweight & Durable. Pack all the first aid supplies you need without weighing down your pack. This compact hiking first aid kit weighs less than 8 oz. and features a durable, water-resistant medical bag.
- Blister Prevention & Protection. Stop blisters before they start with moleskin, the most reliable dressing to reduce friction and prevent the hiker’s #1 injury. The 14 die-cut pieces are shaped to fit common problem areas.
- Supply List:
- Cuts & Scrapes
- 1 – Splinter Picker/Tick Remover Forceps
- 5 – Easy Access Bandages®, 1″ x 3″ Fabric
- 5 – Easy Access Bandages®, Knuckle Fabric
- 3 – Butterfly Closure Fabric Adhesive Bandage
- 3 – Antiseptic Wipe
- 1 – Triple Antibiotic Ointment
- 2 – Alcohol Swab
- 1 – Safety Pin
- 1 – Register Your Kit Card
- 3 – After Bite® Sting & Bite Relief Wipe
- 4 – Aspirin (325 mg.), 2 Pkg./2
- 2 – Antihistamine (Diphenhydramine 25 mg.), 2 Pkg./1
- 4 – Ibuprofen (200 mg.), 2 Pkg./2
- 4 – Acetaminophen (500 mg.), 2 Pkg./2
- Stop Bleeding Fast
- 1 – Trauma Pad, 5″ x 9″
- 2 – Nitrile Glove
- Wound Care / Blister / Burn
- 1 – Wilderness First Aid Manual
- 1 – EMT Shears, 4″
- 4 – Sterile Gauze Dressing, 4″ x 4″
- 2 – Sterile Gauze Dressing, 2″ x 2″
- 1 – Sterile Non-Adherent Dressing, 2″ x 3″
- 1 – Elastic Bandage with Hook & Loop Closure, 2″
- 1 – Conforming Gauze Bandage, 2″
- 1 – Tape, 1″ x 2.5 yd.
- 14 – Moleskin, Pre-Cut & Shaped Pieces
Our clear and concise specs will be ready soon. For now, here is how SOL puts it:
- Size:6.5″ x 3″ x 5.5″
- Weight: .45 lbs
- Group Size: 1 – 2 People
- Trip Duration: 1 – 2 Days