***Please Note: This is one of a handful of products that we do not stock but ship directly from our US distributor. The stock level displayed is an estimate of what we have available to ship. Please call for more details.
Hills? What hills? The A2B Metro gives you 500w of continuous power output, 749w peak output. How much power is that? Considering an elite pro cyclist can put out about 390w, it’s enough. You decide how much power you want from the motor with the twist of a throttle. Want to do all the work yourself? Sure! Want a little help carrying those groceries home? No problem.
Zero emissions at point of use. The battery charges full within 3.5 hours and uses less than 1 KWh of power — that’s less than 20 cents in most parts of the US. But that 20 cents buys you the power to climb your most dreaded hills, and go up to 20 miles before the next charge — or up to 40 miles with the optional secondary battery.
The Metro’s ride is upright and relaxed. Front and rear suspension keeps you comfortable and in control.
Integrated lights mean no extra batteries to buy.
- Range: 20 miles, or 40 miles with optional secondary battery
- Lights: Integrated headlight and tail light.
- Suspension: Front and rear suspension to absorb bumps in the road.
- Custom Accessories Available: Side bags, basket, and panniers.
- Maximum speed, flat level ground, motor power only: 20 mph (32.2 km/hr) Note: set by regulation
- Maximum range, flat level ground, motor power only, no starts/stops: 18 to 20 miles (29 to 32.2 km) or 36 to 40 miles (58 to 64.4 km) with secondary battery
- Hill climbing capability, motor power only, 175 lb (79.4 kg) rider, 75 lb (34 kg) bike, total 250 lb (113.4 kg): 5°
- Battery: Sanyo advanced lithium ion battery removable for portable charging.
- Battery chemistry: lithium ion (lithium manganese oxide)
- Nominal voltage: 36 volts
- Recharging: 3.5 hours (plugs into a standard outlet).
- Normal voltage operating range: 42 to 31.5 volts
- Nominal capacity: 11.4 amp-hr (410.4 watt-hrs)
- Maximum discharge: 40 amps
- Charging method: CV/CC (Constant Voltage/Constant Current)
- A2B Motor/Power: Ultra Motor 750w brushless motor.
- Gearing/Derailleur: 7-speed Shimano Alivio derailleur.
- Brakes: High quality Avid BB5 disc brakes (front and rear) for responsive braking.
- Frame: TIG welded 6061 aluminum frame enabled from advanced hydroforming technology.
- Weight: 80 lbs
- Manufacturer’s warranty from Ultra Motor: 5 years frame, 2 year motor, 1 year battery, and 1 year on standard bike parts (excluding tires, tubes, fabrics, grips, chain, cables, and brake pads).