We’re looking for an Ecommerce Operations Manager. What exactly is that? you might ask. In our small bike shop/ecommerce business, this is someone who primarily focuses on all of the key components of keeping our ecommerce orders flowing smoothing.
We’re looking for someone who dually thrives at the more systematic aspects of keeping inventory and product organized and moving efficiently alongside the more customer service centric side of customer communications.
Why Work With Us?
For the right person, working at Campfire Cycling will be a highly rewarding experience. And your efforts will have a direct impact on inspiring people to get out and adventure by bike.
- For someone who loves bicycles, bikepacking and bicycle touring, this job puts you at the epicenter of everything great, from the products we sell, to the city that we are in, to our customers. This job is something special.
- This is NO ordinary business. Between our focus on bikepacking and our unique capabilities as ecommerce marketers, there are many exciting aspects of Campfire Cycling that you’ll experience, learn from and be a critical part of. You’ll work closely with a dynamic, talented team.
- You’ll bring critical experience and insight to our organization and be expected to lead our team through your knowledge.
- You will become a bicycling advocate as part of what you do with Campfire Cycling.
- Campfire Cycling is committed to creating a work culture where all identities feel welcome and comfortable in being and expressing themselves. We embrace all genders, ages, cultures, ancestries, ethnicities, races, colors, sexual orientations, physical abilities, learning styles, religions, familial statuses, marital statuses, occupations, veteran statuses, nationalities, citizenships, socio-economic statuses, and the many forms of composite subjectivity and life experiences.
***Broken down, this involves managing our shipping, receiving, purchasing, customer service, warehouse management and inventory accounting. Being a small team, the role can also extend into assisting in our ecommerce and catalog management as well as supporting the local sales and events efforts.
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday 8:30A to 5P, where you will manage and operate the following tasks:
- Developing relationships with our vendors.
- Forecasting inventory demands.
- Submitting purchase orders and checking in on them.
- Inventory Accounting
- Matching invoices to receiving records.
- Paying invoices.
- Reconciling accounts.
- Warehouse Management
- Maintaining a clean and orderly warehouse.
- Overseeing periodic stock counts.
- Relocating inventory and shelves for efficient picking.
- Shipping, Receiving & Returns
- Managing our shipping processes including our SOPs, shipping software, FedEx and Endicia relationships, shipping weights, shipping quoters and packaging.
- Overseeing our Monday and Tuesday shippers.
- Handling our Wednesday, Thursday and Friday shipping and receiving.
- Handling all returns.
- Customer Service
- Replying to ecommerce related emails.
- Handle incoming ecommerce related phone calls.
- Team Work
- Assist with ecommerce marketing efforts.
- Assist with growing our ecommerce catalog.
- Backup bike shop sales.
- Assist in hosting events and rides.
Required Skills & Experience
The right candidate for this role will be drawn to the opportunity to combine their creativity, professional skills and passion for cycling and the outdoors.
- General Skills and Outlook:
- You have at least 3 years working experience in managing operations, logistics, warehousing, inventory or purchasing or some combination of these.
- You are a dedicated, possibly life long cyclist.
- You are a passionate outdoors person. If you’re not bikepacking or cycle touring already you’re itching to start.
- You are great with people. You can teach. You can lead. You understand the Campfire Cycling brand and are excited to grow it into a bike shop culture.
- Business Skills and Aptitudes:
- You are highly organized with great attention to detail, including being very diligent about maintaining safe, organized and clean working environments.
- You have an ownership mentality with an inclination for entrepreneurial problem solving and learning.
- You are a self starter with significant management experience.
- You are a great communicator with customers and employees.
- You are comfortable supporting your co-workers in their roles while also appreciative of the benefit of them supporting you.
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination.
We are a small team of cyclists focused on running a great bike shop with a specialty focus on bikepacking.
Campfire Cycling was launched 2 years ago, about 4 months before the pandemic, built to be a hybrid business focusing on both ecommerce and running a traditional bike shop. With COVID mixing things up, its been a wild ride as everything has gone in unexpected direction.
While our shop has had many bumps in the road getting settled in during this period, our ecommerce has been our point of stability. With hiring this ecommerce manager role, we are looking to grow and further stabalize our ecommerce operations.
Salary & Benefits
- $50k salary with opportunity for growth.
- 4 weeks (20 days) PTO.
- Unlimited use of shop-owned bikepacking setup.
- This is a full bikepacking setup that is stored in the showroom for display purposes. The bicycle and camping gear are primarily sourced from Campfire Cycling’s suppliers. (Eligible after 3 months of employment)
- Access to wholesale pricing and pro deals on cycling and camping gear.
Ready to Apply?
To apply please answer the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this position?
- Apart from family and friends, what 3 things do you value most?
- How would your friends describe you in three words?
- What stands out to you about the Campfire Cycling brand?
- Describe your experience with cycling, bikepacking and the bicycling industry.
- Describe your experience in managing operations, logistics, warehousing, inventory or purchasing or some combination of these.
- Name a company you find interesting and tell us why?
- What’s something you’ve taught yourself and/or learned on your own in the last few years?
- Is there anything you’ve created that’s public and online that would help us to get to know you better? (Blog, photography portfolio, videos, music, etc)
Send your answers to email@example.com with the subject line “I’m your next Ecommerce Operations Manager.” Please include your resume.
Back to Jobs.