We’re looking for a detail-oriented person to assist with adding to and improving our product listings as well as other content in our catalog and blog. Primary tasks are researching and organizing data to upload new products to our ecommerce catalog as well as writing and editing copy for those products. Additional, related tasks involve improving upon our current product listings, improving upon our product categories and updating popular posts in our blog archives..
This is a full time, 40 hour per week position.
Why Work With Us?
- Be a part of an inspired passionate team of creative cyclists who enjoy what they do for a living.
- We are focused on a growing niche within the cycling industry, bikepacking and bicycle touring. This is a great opportunity to grow niche focused ecommerce and copywriting skills.
- We leverage available ecommerce tools and platforms in cost-effective ways. These are great skills to develop for expanding one’s ecommerce experience.
- Campfire Cycling is committed to creating a work culture where all identities feel welcome and comfortable in being and expressing themselves. We embrace all genders, ages, cultures, ancestries, ethnicities, races, colors, sexual orientations, physical abilities, learning styles, religions, familial statuses, marital statuses, occupations, veteran statuses, nationalities, citizenships, socio-economic statuses, and the many forms of composite subjectivity and life experiences.
- Adding new products to our catalog.
- Updating the product copy for our top-selling products.
- Updating the product information for the majority of our products.
- As time allows:
- Updating the copy for our product categories.
- Updating the copy and photos of the popular posts in our blog archives.
- Writing product information articles.
- Cross referencing products and product information articles.
- Writing high quality product copy in American English.
- Researching and organizing product information from a range of online sources.
- Editing and organizing product information into spreadsheets.
- Working within our ecommerce software systems, WooCommerce and ShipHero.
- Editing product photos using photo editing software.
– What types of photo editing software are you experienced with? Please include your answer with the application questions.
- Communicating, collaborating and coordinating with a remote team.
- Cycling experience is preferred which leads to a better understanding and appreciation for the products being worked with.
We are a small team of cyclists focused on running a great bike shop with a specialty focus on bikepacking.
- $8 per hour.
- 15 days PTO per year.
Ready to Apply?
To apply please answer the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this position?
- Apart from family and friends, what 3 things do you value most?
- How would your friends describe yourself in three words?
- What do you enjoy most about researching and organizing product information?
- What do you enjoy most about copywriting?
- What experience do you have with cycling?
- What’s something you’ve taught yourself and/or learned on your own in the last few years?
- Why do you think you’d excel at this position?
Send your answers to email@example.com with the subject line “I’m your next Ecommerce Catalog Organizer/Copywriter”. Please include your resume.