This past week has been rough. Blogging is a side hobby/job for me, so it take a back burner if things get too overwhelming in life. Right now I am struggling to find the time. Firstly I have my family, which needs time after work or on my days off, this part of my life is a blessing and should never be cut short as it has in the past couple months. Second, my main job that pays the bills is running Cool Breeze Cyclery here in Mooresville, NC. We are in our off season, which means the physical store is slower but also means that we need to finish all those projects we put off for January – February. Thirdly, I try to ride and be active to enjoy this lifestyle and sport that my life in circles. Finally, there are these active blogs that I run : Commute By Bike & Bike Shop Girl.. Finding time, and time management are being tested these past couple weeks, and probably through February. Stick with me, and we will get through this together.
Weekly Round Up of Links :
Here are some of the most interesting commuter oriented articles that have hit my Google Reader RSS feeder.
- Would you commute by Unicycle? A self balancing unicycle insures that you will quickly learn how to ride the one wheeled cycle. I’ve tried to ride a unicycle multiple times, failing each time. Found at Bike Portland
- TED 2010 is happening right now. The fine folks of Xtracycle have provided their cycles for use. Geeks on bikes could be one of my favorite things. Found at Velorution.
- A bicycle frame with a built in handle for walking up the steps to your flat, or a crazy cyclocross manuever. It could really come in handy if you live on the 6th floor of a walk up. Found at Embrocation.
- The 26″ Surly Long Haul Trucker is a much talked about bike on various blogs and forums. Hiawatha Cyclery is a big fan and their blog proves it.
- Daily, I am becoming more smitten with the Salsa Vaya. The fine folks of Milltown Cycles have one built up with initial thoughts.
- More students are going by bike says the Vanguard.
- Guitar Ted has a few good “G-ted’isms” on the Alfine Hub, and Salsa La Cruz.