Rain jackets are one of those pieces that many companies haven’t figured out yet. Some companies, like Gore or Showers Pass, have the jackets nailed down but you’ll also have a hard time finding them in your local store it seems.
Here is a list of my top 5 budget friendly rain jackets and why. Take note that you can get by with one of the cheap <$40 rain jackets. They are made out of plastic and you will end up wet from all the sweat that forms inside of the jacket.
- This jacket is waterproof, not breathable and water proo
- Basic but right on target for the price
- Reflective parts all over the jacket
- Packs small for your pannier or back jersey pocket
- Only water resistant so mainly used for those “just incase” situations
- Reflective parts all over jacket
- One size fits all
- Great coverage, even over upper legs
- Reflective arms
- Multiple color options
- Drop down tail to go over your saddle or backside
- Packable (they claim you can put this jacket into a water bottle)
- Cut well for free movement
- Breathable material
- A lot of options and pluses. Also one why this is at the top of the price list.