Although it was introduced at the beginning of this year, the Dahon Smooth Hound 6.0 made its debut at Eurobike over the weekend where it got some nice attention. Although Dahon puts this bike in the touring bike category, at Eurobike the Dahon reps apparently put this bike square in the camp of urban utility bikes.
It has nice touring features such as the Brooks B17 leather saddle, Brooks leather handlebar tape, and rack and fender mounts. Although this bike is not really folder, Ritchey Breakaway couplings and carry bag allow for easier traveling and storage of this bike over full-sized touring bikes. Other features of this bike include:
- 20 inch wheels with 85 psi Schwalbe Marathon Racer tires.
- BioLogic seatpost with built-in air pump.
- Shimano HyperGlide 8 speed cassette, 11-32T, with Tiagra rear derailleur.
- Shimano Ultegra bar end shifters.
- FSA crankset with 55/44 chainrings.
This bike with it’s 7005 double-butted aluminum weighs in at 24 lbs / 10.8 kg and is available in sizes Medium and Large.