Bicycle Colorado recently posted these seven steps to a bicycle friendly workplace.
- Encourage your co-workers to bicycle to work as a way to promote health, decrease turnover, and relieve crowded parking lots.
- Post a bike map with local bicycling routes in office break areas or near the main entrance to highlight good routes near your office.
- Add one or two bicycle racks in highly visible areas just outside the main entrance, ideally in a covered area.
- Add a sign near the front door saying “We’re a bicycle-friendly business. We encourage our customers and employees to bicycle here.”
- Boost visibility for your business by sponsoring a local bicycling event, club, or team.
- Choose at least one bicycling event each year to encourage customers, co-workers, vendors, and neighbors to participate as a fun way to strengthen customer loyalty and build goodwill.
- Encourage your employer and co-workers to join your local bicycling advocacy group.
Incidentally, I’m pretty sure that the cyclist in the photo is Bicycle Colorado Membership Director Janell Shaw.