Surly Bikes are ONLY available for local pick up in our showroom
Moonlander runs 4.8″ tires on 100mm rims. Such a large footprint allows you to ride them at very low pressure, which (as with a snowshoe) enables unparalleled traction and float over all kinds of terrainwet stuff, roots, rocks, pebbles, gravel, sand, and many types of snow. Moonlander, like its name implies, is meant to go beyond where normal bikes, even normal fat bikes, can go. It is designed from the ground up to ride where there are no roads, no trails and no people.
Like all of our framesets, Moonlander is made of 4130 cro-moly steel, with tubing designed specifically for this frame. The frames geometry is not unlike a standard mountain bike, with a bottom bracket height that supplies plenty of clearance for bushwhacking and monster-trucking while remaining low enough for a stable ride. The toptube maximizes standover height while keeping the headtube fairly high so you can set up your rig with a comfortable, all-day-grind riding position.
- Color: Titanium Sand
- 135mm-spaced horizontal dropouts with a derailleur hanger, meaning you can set it up as a singlespeed, with an internal gear hub, or standard derailleur drivetrain.
- The rear end is offset 28mm to allow the drivetrain and wide tires to play nicely together.
- Frame: Surly Moonlander, Surly 4130 CroMoly steel. Main triangle double-butted. TIG-welded
- Fork: Surly Moonlander, Tapered straight blade butted 4130 CroMoly. 51mm IS front disc mount. 135mm-spaced dropouts
- Seatpost clamp: Surly Stainless, 30.0mm (Surly stainless included)
- Crankset: Surly O.D. 100mm, 36/22t
- Bottom Bracket: Surly Enduro, w/sleeve
- Front Derailleur: Shimano SLX FD-676D, Problem Solvers direct mount adapter. Top-pull. Black
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore XT RDT780 SGS, Black
- Cog or Cassette: Shimano SLX CS-HG81-10, 10-speed 1134t
- Chain: KMC x10RB, Silver
- Headset: Cane Creek 40, 1-1/8 threadless. Black
- Brakes: Avid BB7, Cable actuated. 180/160mm rotors front & rear
- Brake Levers: Avid SD-7, Black
- Shifters: Shimano SLX SA-109, 2 x 10
- Stem: Kalloy; AS025N, 31.8mm. 7 rise. 4-bolt. Aluminum. Black
- Handlebar: Salsa Salt Flat, 31.8mm. Black
- Saddle: Velo VL2155, Steel rails. Black vinyl. Feels pretty o.k.
- Seatpost: Kalloy SP-342, 27.2mm. 350mm. Black
- Front Hub: Surly New Disc 135mm, Disc. 32-hole. Black
- Rear Hub: Shimano XT 135mm, 756. Disc. 32-hole. Black
- Rims: Surly Clown Shoe, Single wall aluminum. Welded seam w/cutouts. 100mm width. Black.
- Spokes: DT Swiss Champion, 14g. Black
- Tires: Surly Bud & Lou, 4.8″, 120tpi
- FRAME WARRANTY
LIMITED WARRANTY This Surly product is warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for three years from the date of retail purchase of the product, subject to the limitations detailed below. Save your dated receipt for proof of purchase.
This warranty does NOT cover the following:
- Damage due to improper assembly or follow-up maintenance or lack of skill, competence or experience of the user or assembler
- Products that have been modified, neglected, used in competition or for commercial purposes, misused or abused, involved in accidents or anything other than normal use
- Installation of components, parts or accessories not originally intended for or compatible with bicycle as sold
- Damage or deterioration to the paint, surface finish, aesthetics or appearance of the product
- Normal wear and tear
- Labor required to remove and/or refit and re-adjust the product within the bicycle assembly
This limited warranty is expressly limited to the repair or replacement of a defective product, at the option of Surly, and is the sole remedy of the warranty. This limited warranty applies only to the original purchaser of the Surly product and is not transferrable. This warranty applies only to products purchased through an authorized dealer or distributor. In no event shall Surly be liable for any loss, inconvenience or damage, whether direct, incidental, consequential, or otherwise resulting from breach of any express or implied warranty or condition, of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or otherwise with respect to our products except as set forth herein.
This limited warranty gives the consumer specific legal rights, and those rights and other rights may vary from place to place. This limited warranty does not affect your statutory rights.
TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, THESE WARRANTIES ARE EXCLUSIVE AND THERE ARE NO OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS INCLUDING WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
surlybikes.com Feel like talking to us? Make contact emailing us at email@example.com or by calling 877-743-3191. If you prefer writing letters or sending postcards our address is 6400 West 105th Street, Bloomington, MN, 55438. See everything we offer at surlybikes.com.