When you go beyond the reach of the cell phone grid, use SPOT Connect™ with your smartphone to keep you in touch with friends, family, and emergency personnel. SPOT Connect turns your Smartphone into a satellite communicator.
Pair your smartphone with SPOT Connect, and get connected to a global satellite network that lets you send messages and GPS coordinates from virtually anywhere on the planet.
Update Twitter and Facebook. Send text messages or a short email. Request non-emergency help from contacts or professional service providers. And in the case of a critical emergency, send an SOS message requesting emergency assistance.
An annual subscription to SPOT Connect™ is required.
SPOT AdventuresWith SPOT Adventures you can share your outdoor experiences easily right on the web at SPOTadventures.com. SPOT provides a full social portal that allows you to share your GPS location data in real time via SPOT Live map. Save your adventures on a detailed map.
Additional services you can add to your SPOT Connect™ account include:
Track ProgressTrack Progress allows friends and family to follow your progress online in real time or to save waypoints so you can review your entire route at a later date. SPOT Track Progress automatically sends your GPS location waypoint to a Google Map every 10 minutes.
Type & SendUse SPOT Connect or the the PN-60w with SPOT Communicator to send custom email and text messages via satellites to your contacts. Create up to 41 character SOS, Help and Check-in/OK messages. Messages will be sent directly to the contact groups you select via email or SMS. If you encounter problems, you can send a custom SOS message describing your situation, with your GPS position included. Post custom messages on Twitter, Facebook — and with the DeLorme PN-60w with SPOT Communicator, even post to Geocaching.com.
GEOS Member Rescue BenefitGeos provide the SOS/911 monitoring included in your Basic Service. You can upgrade to the GEOS Member Benefit for reimbursement of up to $100K in Search and Rescue (SAR) expenses – even coordinating a private SAR contractor if needed to get you to safety.
SPOT Assist Satellite GPS Safety ServiceSPOT Assist provides satellite-based notification to third party professional service providers to help ensure your safety on land or water – at the push of a button.
Product Replacement ProgramThe SPOT Product Replacement Program offers registered SPOT users the ability to quickly replace your damaged, lost or stolen SPOT device so you keep receiving security and peace-of-mind for both you and your loved ones.
- Update Twitter and Facebook, send email and text messages, request non-emergency help from professional service providers, and in the case of a critical emergency, send an SOS message requesting emergency assistance
- Track Progress on Google Maps or the SPOT Adventures page
- Send messages from virtually anywhere via satellite
- Type and Send message (41 character limit) or send a Predefined message (120 character limit)
- Smartphone app for operation and detailed status
- Integrates with SPOTadventures.com and popular social destinations
- On device SOS button for standalone emergency operation
- SPOT service plan required
- Device Dimensions: 3 x 2.6 x 1.2 in / 9.4 x 6.6 x 3.2 cm
- Weight: 4.9 oz / 138.9 g
- Waterproof to a depth of 1 meter for up to 30 minutes.
- Operating temperatures: -22°F to +140°F (-30°C to 60°C)
- Operating altitude: -328 ft to 21,320 ft (-100m to 6,500m)
- Bluetooth range: ∼30 feet
- GPS accuracy: 32.8 ft (10 m) location accuracy
- Battery specifications: 2 AA Energizer Ultimate Lithium 8X (L91)
- SPOT Messengers come with a 1 year limited warranty provided by Spot, LLC. This period may vary by region. Visit www.findmespot.com/warranty for your local warranty period and other regional terms.