The Sawyer Micro Squeeze is one of three filters in the Sawyer lineup – the Sawyer Mini and the Sawyer Squeeze being the other two. The Micro is easy to use, functioning exactly the same as the rest of the Sawyer lineup: simply fill up the bag/bottle, screw on the filter, and squeeze water through the filter.
What we love about the Micro is how portable yet powerful it is, weighing in at just 2 ounces/ 57 g, it fits in the palm of your hand making it ideal for short backpacking trips. While small, the Micro Squeeze is a powerful, hollow-fiber membrane water filter that removes 99.99999% of bacteria (salmonella, cholera and E. coli), 99.9999% of protozoa (cryptosporidium and giardia), and 100% of microplastics- exceeding EPA recommendations for removal rates.
Our in-depth features analysis are forthcoming. For now, here is how Sawyer puts it:
- Micro Squeeze Filter with Push/Pull Cap
- 1 – 32 ounce Collapsible Pouches
- Backwashing Plunger
- Cleaning Coupling
- Spare Gasket
- Drinking Straw
Our clear and concise specs will be ready soon. For now, here is how Sawyer puts it:
- LONGEVITY: up to 100,000 Gallons
- VOLUME: Includes 32 oz pouch
- FILTER MATERIAL: Hollow Fiber Membrane
- REMOVES: Bacteria, Protozoa, and Cysts, including E. Coli, giardia, vibrio cholerea, Salmonella typhi, and microplastics
- BEST USES: Hiking, backpacking, ultralight backpacking, camping, emergency preparedness
- WEIGHT: 2 oz