Hurricane Ridge is a mountainous area in Washington’s Olympic National Park offering a variety of bike trails, from ridgetop traverses to steep paths that descend to subalpine lakes and panoramic valleys climbs. Named after such terrain, it is easy to understand what sort of tire the Hurricane Ridge is: an all rounded bike tire with an affinity for mountains.
Offered in a 700 x 42 configuration and in two casing options, the Standard casing of the Hurricane Ridge strikes a balance between affordability, comfort and speed without compromising on durability. The Endurance casing on the other hand comes reinforced with extra sidewall protection while retaining the speed and comfort for which Rene Herse tires are famous making them Ted King’s weapon of choice for a number of Unbound Gravel races.
Ideal for chewing through gravel or heading into unknown terrain, this tire gives you the confidence that you’ll be able to handle everything from fast pavement to deep mud or snow. Wearing a dual-purpose knobby tread, the Hurricane ridge is a balanced performer, being supported by the same amount of rubber, whether rolling forward or leaning into a turn. Rene Herse promise that the Hurricane Ridge will give you uniform grip at all times – whether in a muddy gravel race or during a paved descent with ultra-fast hairpin turns.
- Clincher, folding bead
- Standard casing has supple casing
- Endurance casing has ultra-fine threads and protective belt under sidewalls and tread
- Made in Japan
- Maximum pressure with tubes: 75 psi (5.2 bar)
- Maximum recommended pressure – tubeless: 60 psi (4 bar)
- Actual width on 20 mm rim (internal): approx. 42 mm
- Actual width on 23 mm rim (internal): approx. 43 mm
- Tubeless: +0.5 mm width
- Recommended rim: 17 – 31 mm (inner width; hookless: +1 mm)
- Standard casing:515 g
- Endurance casing:515 g