If you want a bag for the top of your rack, reach for the Ortlieb Trunk Bag. The Trunk Bag has the volume of a small pannier, with aggressive features and the typical Ortlieb high-quality engineering. Great as a commuter bag, the Trunk Bag can easily be used for your lunch and a nice wind shell, with room to spare. The Trunk Bag is completely waterproof and utilizes a TIZIP main zipper for the resilient caliber and ultimate weather protection.
The innovative Ortlieb rack adapter mounting system also comes in handy for adding a trunk bag to your touring pannier set. The rack adapter has lower rails that attach to your current rack which allow you to mount your panniers lower while attaching the Trunk Bag by clicking it securely to the top.
The Trunk-Bag is available with the Ortlieb adapter system for Rack-Lock which fits almost any rack with width from 60-160mm.
- Mounting System: Trunk Bag/Basket Rack-Lock Adapter
- Manufactured from a fiber-reinforced high-tech, anti-scratch thermoplastic that is extremely strong and durable, and in many tests can be stronger than metal parts.
- Integrated lock mechanism secures bag to the rack.
- Includes key.
- Allows for easy and quick removal of bag.
- Mounts to rack rails from 8mm to 16mm diameter.
- Compatible with all standard racks from 60mm to 160mm wide.
- Requires rack with parallel top rails.
- Mounting width is adjusted with a 3mm allen key.
- Fabric: PS21R – Cordura, PU Coated “Gravel”
- Highly rated tear and abrasion resistance.
- Use of high frequency welding to meet the highest of waterproofing specifications.
- Used throughout Ortlieb’s bikepacking lineup.
- As compared to the “Classic” PD620 fabric, it is lighter in weight and more flexible especially is cold weather, yet it is still very tough.
- Includes a rip stop attribute for extra durability in off-road conditions.
- Highly durable, polyurethane waterproof inner layer.
- Dust & Water Proofness Rating: IP 67
- 6 = Dust proof, no penetration of dust..
- 7 = Protected against penetration of water during temporary immersion (depth of lower edge of product = 39″, duration 30 minutes).
- Includes adjustable padded shoulder strap for carrying the Trunk Bag off of the bicycle.
- Two outer side zipper neoprene pockets.
- Highly reflective 3M Scotchlite patches on rear of Trunk Bag.
- Compatible with all standard racks from 60 to 160 mm width.
- Ortlieb patented TIZIP zipper main pocket.
- Internal zipper storage pocket.
- Bike light attaches to rear loop.
Compare the primary feature sets across all Ortlieb Bags on our Ortlieb Feature Page
- H x W x D: 20cm x 33cm x 18cm / 7.9″ x 13″ x 7.1″
- Weight: 1080g / 38.1oz
- Volume Capacity: 8L / 4.88 cu in
- Weight Capacity: 10kg / 22lbs