And here is what Ortlieb has to say:
The Frame-Pack RC Toptube is the solution for everyone who likes to have access to their water bottles while also carrying gear inside the bike frame triangle.
This waterproof frame bag with roll closure is also ideal for full suspension mountain bikes, where space inside the frame’s triangle is limited by the shocks.
Part of ORTLIEB’s bikepacking series, this bag with roll closure meets the IP64 standard for waterproofness, meaning your gear is fully protected from an involuntary bath. With its 4 liter volume, the Frame-Pack RC Toptube enables heavy equipment such as tent poles, tools or food to be carried within the frame triangle, maintaining the bike’s low center of gravity. The customizable, sturdy and strong Velcro fasteners enable simple and easy fastening, and an uncomplicated installation. The frame pack RC Toptube is made in Germany and PVC-free. Together with the other products from the ORTLIEB bikepacking series, the frame pack RC Toptube forms the ideal equipment for an overnighter, a self-supported race or your next big adventure.
- Waterproof toptube framepack with roll closure
- Ideal pack for bikepacking, alp crossing and trekking tours
- Light weight, sturdy PU laminated rip stop nylon fabric
- Suitable for heavy gear such as tools, tent poles, food etc.
- Allows fixing of drinking bottle and transport of gear on frame
- Ideal for full suspension bikes with limited space due to the vertical absorber
- 3 strong, individually positionable hook and loop fasteners for mounting to top frame tube
- Hook and loop fasteners suitable for frame diameter of max. 48.8 mm/1.92 in.
- 2 individually positionable hook and loop fasteners for saddle and/or down tube
- Can be mounted to carbon frames
- Even weight distribution on bicycle
- Roll closure with silicone ring
- Better packing through large opening
- Height: 13 cm / 5.1″
- Width: 50 cm / 19.7″
- Depth: 6 cm / 2.4″
- Weight : 170 g / 6 oz.
- Max Load: 3 kg / 6.6 lbs.
- Volume: 4 L / 244 cu.in.