PLEASE CALL US to order this rack. We need to make sure you have the necessary Fit Kit, Extenders, Band Clamps (if Required) and Quick Release OR Thru Axle to make sure this rack is ready to hookup to your bike.
Need to know which thru axle your bicycle wheel has? Click Here
The OMM Sherpa Rear Rack is great for off-road touring. This rack is compatible with rear suspension and carries a hefty 40 lbs. The Sherpa is a more sleek version of the Cold Springs Rear Rack, omitting the load-stop up front for longer items, and utilizing a more narrow top plate.
Tromp around on an off-road touring adventure over the toughest terrain using your full suspension mountain bike and a combination of the Sherpa Rear Rack and the suspension fork compatible Sherpa Front Rack.
OMM has introduced several models of the Sherpa specifically for popular models of fat bikes. All of the fat bike models, for Pugsley, Moonlander and Mukluk/170mm hubs, are eyelet mounting rather than hub mounting. Unlike other version of the Sherpa, they include a set of 3/4″ band clamps making them all ready to mount with out any additional parts. The Mukluk/170mm version is designed to work on the Salsa Mukluk but may also work on other versions of fat bikes with 170mm rear hubs (symmetrical frames) and lower rack mounting eyelets. All 3 of these fat bike rear racks can be paired with a Sherpa Front Rack.
View the Old Man Mountain mounting instructions.
- Available in Black
- Upper mounting to either brake bosses or fork legs
- Lower mounting on outside of axle dropouts with extra long quick release skewer (included)
- Include mounting hardware (10″ OMM Extra Long Extenders)
- Maximum load: 40 lbs (18 kg)
- Weight: 17.6oz (0.51 kg)
- Dimensions (H x W x L): 14.25″ x 5.0″ x 11.75″
- Tubing Diameter: 12 mm.
- Material: Aircraft-grade,6061-T6, tubular Aluminum
- Available Sizes: 26″, 700c, disc brakes
- Compatible: Disc, Road, MTB, 29″
All Old Man Mountain racks have a lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects in craftsmanship.