Our inspiring review is coming soon for now, here is what Old Man Mountain has to say:
Old Man Mountain was born in 1996 from the need to mount racks on bikes without traditional mounting points and make every bike capable of doing more. The Front Fit Kit SETQRF contains all the parts needed to mount any rack to the front of a bike with a 9 x 100 Quick Release Skewer and the Rear Fit Kit SETQRR contains all the parts needed to mount any rack to the rear of a bike with a 10 x 135 mm hub skewer. The Fit Kit SETQRDIY contains all the parts to mount the rack to the rear of a bike with a Quick Release hub skewer: 295mm QR Skewer (ready to be cut to length). We partner with The Robert Axle Project to supply our thru axles.
- Axle mounting using Fit Kits protect your bike frame.
- Fit Kits make it easy to swap between bikes or front and rear mounting with just a few bolts allowing you to move your rack between multiple bikes.
- Axle mounting increases Old Man Mountain racks’ load capacity to 70lbs/33kg.
- All Fit Kits include:
- Quick release
- 2 x Adapter (Pucks)
- 8 x Heavy-Duty Kabelbinder
- 2 x protective film
- Stainless steel mounting hardware
- 2 x M5 x 20 screws
- 2 x M5 washers
- 2 x M5 lock nuts
Shared specs for all Fit Kits:
- Weight: 20 g
- Dimensions: 10.3 × 2 × 1 in
Front Fit Kit SETQRF:
- Front axle (diameter × length): 9 x 100mm
Rear Fit Kit SETQRR:
- Rear axle (diameter × length): 10 x 135 mm
Fit Kit SETQRDIY:
- Diameter × Length: 10 x 295 mm (ready to be cut to length)
All Old Man Mountain products have a lifetime warranty against defects in material and workmanship. Please see Old Man Mountain’s warranty details to review their limitations.