Our inspiring review is coming soon for now, here is what Old Man Mountain have to say:
The Elkhorn is a slender multi-tool of a rack. Stable and secure with 3-pack mounts on the uprights for your favorite cargo or bottle cages and more tie-down points on the deck than you could ever need. Front or rear compatible, the Elkhorn lets you feel the trail beneath you rather than the tail wag behind you.
Old Man Mountain racks are the most versatile racks available. Capable of mounting to suspension forks, full-suspension mountain bikes, gravel bikes, road bikes, fat bikes, even tri-bikes if that’s what you’re into.
Tested and trusted in the most extreme environments on earth (we’re still trying to get NASA to take them to the moon). Our racks have helped riders traverse Iceland in bitter, cold winters, carried the gear of countless GDMBR riders, and circumnavigated the globe. The only remaining question is where will it go with you?
- Front or rear mountable.
- Made from 6061 aluminum the racks are lightweight, stiff, and strong.
- The deck includes slots for easily lashing gear in place and holes for mounting a light.
- The Elkhorn comes with eyelet mounts ready with optional fit kits available for thru-axle or QR mounting.
- Powder coated a sleek and refined shade of black.
- If you want more precise fit information, the height from the mounting point to the deck is 390mm on the Short and 430mm on the tall. Be sure to leave room for debris and mud clearance.
Shared Specs for all Sizes:
- The rack is made from 1/2″ (13mm) diameter tubing.
- The Elkhorn has a load capacity of 25lbs/11.34kg.
- The deck measures 3.9″ x 10.5″ (100 mm x 266 mm)
- Designed for 27.5 and 700c wheels.
- Fits tires up to 27.5 x 2.8″ or 700c x 50mm.
- Designed for maximum mud clearance and bikes with 29″ tires.
- Fits tires up to 29 x 3.25″.
All Old Man Mountain products have a lifetime warranty against defects in material and workmanship. Please see Old Man Mountain’s warranty details to review their limitations.